Sign in to follow this  
Guest delsutton2009

Finally Getting Back To Fsx... Hopefully

Guest delsutton2009

Hi GuysI've been out of the FSX thing for over 18 months now mainly due to the fact that my old PC just couldn't handle it well at all and I couldn't afford to upgrade. Having scrimped and saved I'm hoping I can now return but need a bit of advice as to what to buy as a good spec.I've looked at the MESH Matrix XM9850 (BX 2) which is at the top of my price range. The spec is:

Go with a better, Intel CPU as AMD is just not up to speed with the competition anymore. the 8 gig is overkill and you would do better to get 1000(or higher) mzt DDR over the 800. GPU is a little weak, and I would go with an ATI 4850 or better.Realistically, if you "expect" loads of traffic at large airpoirts and even real weather with good performance, I'd get a top of the line Core i7 chip since it is the fastest on the market at the moment, but even then, there is no guarantee that your performance will be what you want.

Best, Michael

KDFW

Guest delsutton2009
Go with a better, Intel CPU as AMD is just not up to speed with the competition anymore. the 8 gig is overkill and you would do better to get 1000(or higher) mzt DDR over the 800. GPU is a little weak, and I would go with an ATI 4850 or better.Realistically, if you "expect" loads of traffic at large airpoirts and even real weather with good performance, I'd get a top of the line Core i7 chip since it is the fastest on the market at the moment, but even then, there is no guarantee that your performance will be what you want.
Thank you. Will explore a bit more in that case

Hi GuysI've been out of the FSX thing for over 18 months now mainly due to the fact that my old PC just couldn't handle it well at all and I couldn't afford to upgrade. Having scrimped and saved I'm hoping I can now return but need a bit of advice as to what to buy as a good spec.I've looked at the MESH Matrix XM9850 (BX 2) which is at the top of my price range. The spec is:

John
My first SIM was a Link Trainer. My last was a T-6 II
AMD Ryzen 7 7800 X3D@ 5.1 GHz, 32 GB DDR5 RAM - 3 M2 Drives. 1 TB Boot, 2 TB Sim drive, 2 TB Add-on Drive, 6TB Backup data hard drive
RTX 3080 10GB VRAM, Meta Quest 3 VR Headset

Dale

I would definitely go with an intel chip over the AMD one. The Q6600 even mildly overclocked would obliterate that Phenom, let alone using it with a proper overclock (3+ GHz). Benchmarks I've seen show the Q6600 ahead of the 9850 even when not overclocked.In short, grab the Q6600 and a nice CPU fan. Xigmatek has a winner in its S1283. If you go that route, make sure you get the mounting bracket for it too, allowing screws instead of push pin installation.

13900K | MSI RTX 4090 | 64 GB 3600 MHz | 4x SSD + 1x HDD | ASUS 42" 3840x2160 120Hz OLED
VirtualFly TQ6+ | Virpil WarBRD + Constellation Alpha | MFG Crosswind V2 | RealSimGear GNS530/430

spacer.png

My tent in Kandahar Airfield is 80 meters from the very busy runway,and I'm here since 2006 Since then I haven't have chance to use FX10 .I'm planning to go back home in November 2009 .Do you think that at this time there will be system to run FX very smooth with max option and adsI have seen on alien ware site computers for 8000 thousand dollars ,do you think are those are able to push this program ?I purchased few computers before to run previous version but only FS 98 was running well after that there was always problem with max status performers FS2000,04PS.Maximum all with traffic, etc

Guest Alphahawk3
My tent in Kandahar Airfield is 80 meters from the very busy runway,and I'm here since 2006 Since then I haven't have chance to use FX10 .I'm planning to go back home in November 2009 .Do you think that at this time there will be system to run FX very smooth with max option and adsI have seen on alien ware site computers for 8000 thousand dollars ,do you think are those are able to push this program ?I purchased few computers before to run previous version but only FS 98 was running well after that there was always problem with max status performers FS2000,04PS.Maximum all with traffic, etc
Check out the two links I will give you to the system specs of the computer to run and get that pic and those FPS...I read today that maybe dual i7 CPU M/B may be out in a month or two...I don't know. But if they do you could get a dual i7 CPU setup that would cost less than a lot of some of those AlienWare systems I have seen. The guys setup at the FTX site .....even though I did not do an exact figure....would come in at under 8000.....plus I think a dual i7 920 setup which would be far less money might even be better. I was not aware that one could buy what I saw today but I went to NewEgg and there it was...CPU"s....M/B....and I guess the rest. A lot of money but I know some guys whom have spent 5 grand on an AlienWare and can't even come close to the performance of that dual CPU setup. If you were going to spend that much money it is something to look at. Lot of money though. http://orbxsystems.com/forums/index.php?topic=5052.0http://orbxsystems.com/forums/index.php?topic=4738.0 Regards

Check out the two links I will give you to the system specs of the computer to run and get that pic and those FPS...I read today that maybe dual i7 CPU M/B may be out in a month or two...I don't know. But if they do you could get a dual i7 CPU setup that would cost less than a lot of some of those AlienWare systems I have seen. The guys setup at the FTX site .....even though I did not do an exact figure....would come in at under 8000.....plus I think a dual i7 920 setup which would be far less money might even be better. I was not aware that one could buy what I saw today but I went to NewEgg and there it was...CPU"s....M/B....and I guess the rest. A lot of money but I know some guys whom have spent 5 grand on an AlienWare and can't even come close to the performance of that dual CPU setup. If you were going to spend that much money it is something to look at. Lot of money though. http://orbxsystems.com/forums/index.php?topic=5052.0http://orbxsystems.com/forums/index.php?topic=4738.0 Regards
Thanks for very smart and practical comment Honestly, it is a very good advice I will use it EPZA

Guest delsutton2009

OK, I've saved up some more but I'm still not sure if I'm aiming for the best rig. The one I'm eyeing up is:Intel