Sign in to follow this  
arrvoo

Airport Starting Position Missing

I seem to have suffered from some sort of corruption. Whenever i use the select airport option i no longer have any runways or parking positons listed in the drop down box for "Choose runway/starting position". All there is is "Active Runway".Also there is corruption in the airport list as you can see in the picture belowDoes anyone know how i can restore normality without doing a complete re-install of FSX? Any help greatly appreciated. ThanksHarv

Harv.png?dl=1

Did you install any new scenery or airport add-ons recently? If so I'd be uninstalling those first.Otehr than that the only suggestion I have is a 'repair' install of FSX.

I seem to have suffered from some sort of corruption. Whenever i use the select airport option i no longer have any runways or parking positons listed in the drop down box for "Choose runway/starting position". All there is is "Active Runway".Also there is corruption in the airport list as you can see in the picture below-SNIP-Does anyone know how i can restore normality without doing a complete re-install of FSX? Any help greatly appreciated. ThanksHarv
Your scenery.cfg file may have gotten corrupted.Also, when you haven't selected an actual 'country', 'state', 'city' I have noticed youcan get some wiedr results in that display. When I have selected the appropriateentries the 'wierdness' disappears.I'd try renaming your scenery.cfg file and let FSX build a new one. You will, of coursem,need to "Add" any addod scnery areas again through the Scenery menu system.I would NOT attempt a 'repair' as this can lead to a multitude of headachesif you have SP2 or Acceleration and SDK installed as you'll needto reinstall all of that stuff and FSX can balk at that for seemingly no reason at all.....I put "re-install" and "repair" at the very bottom of my list of "remedies" to be used ONLYas a last resort.... Paul

Wide-5.jpg

Thanks for the help guys. An uninstall of SP2 and then a repair sorted it out.

Harv.png?dl=1