Sign in to follow this  
Guest gtrNL

Can't Select 'reverse' In The Controls Menu

Guest gtrNL

Hi, I'm new to this forum. For a couple of years I've been playing FS2004 now as a amateur.A while back i bought myself a car racing wheel for my other hobby: Sim-Racing on the pc.Now I was thinking, I might use my pedals from the steering wheel as the rudders.So I plugged my logitech G25 in, and went to the rudder controls in the FS2004 menu.I selected the pedals, and it worked.So I went in a Cessna and had a go, only to find out my left and right are mixed up.So I went back to the control options, and selected the 'reverse' behind the rudders, and jumped back in the plane. But still the same problem.I, again, went back to the options and saw the 'reverse' was unchecked again, so I checked it and pressed 'Ok'. Still the same problem.As you can probably guess now, the problem is that FS2004 won't let me select 'Reverse' in the control options.If I press it, a nice V comes, only to disappear as soon as I press on anything else, doesn't matter what, just one click, and the V is gone...I hope some of you 'Flight-Sim-guru's' can help me...Thanks in advance.

Guest gtrNL

I was just thinking.Where and how does Flight Sim 2004 save it's controls.A lot of racing games I play save them as a text file.So if I know where to find it, I could open it and change the '0' for reverse to a '1'.This ofcours depends on the fact if the file is encrypted?!Hope someone can help me with this.

I'll answer the easiest first. Control settings are saved in fs9.cfg. "C:\Documents and Settings\Ron Ginsberg\Application Data\Microsoft\FS9\FS9.CFG" is my path. Make sure in your Explorer options you have it set to show hidden files. In general make a backup copy of it with a different name as a protection against any editing errors or to get back to your current settings.I can't see how two individual pedals can operate a rudder. FS oriented pedals contain 3 axis - a left toebrake, a right toebrake, and a yaw control on a third axis. The yaw potentiometer is centered when there is no slide pressure on the mechanical push-pull arrangement of the peds and the axis usually does not need a reverse.In your setup you can assign each pedal axis as a different device to a left and right toebrake and you would probably have to reverse this. This is handy for tail draggers most of which to not have a steerable tail wheel. You would still need to use a different device for rudder yaw or leave auto-rudder assigned in FS (which will not affect toe brakes).FYI: The CH pedals come with two locking tabs that prevent the push-pull action so they can be used with racing car sims. This is the opposite to your request.

Guest gtrNL
I'll answer the easiest first. Control settings are saved in fs9.cfg. "C:\Documents and Settings\Ron Ginsberg\Application Data\Microsoft\FS9\FS9.CFG" is my path. Make sure in your Explorer options you have it set to show hidden files. In general make a backup copy of it with a different name as a protection against any editing errors or to get back to your current settings.I can't see how two individual pedals can operate a rudder. FS oriented pedals contain 3 axis - a left toebrake, a right toebrake, and a yaw control on a third axis. The yaw potentiometer is centered when there is no slide pressure on the mechanical push-pull arrangement of the peds and the axis usually does not need a reverse.In your setup you can assign each pedal axis as a different device to a left and right toebrake and you would probably have to reverse this. This is handy for tail draggers most of which to not have a steerable tail wheel. You would still need to use a different device for rudder yaw or leave auto-rudder assigned in FS (which will not affect toe brakes).FYI: The CH pedals come with two locking tabs that prevent the push-pull action so they can be used with racing car sims. This is the opposite to your request.
Thanks for the info. :( *Edit:I've found my fs9.cfg, but I can't seem to find anything in there. It's far from what I'm used to in car sims.Anyone that can help, what determines 'reverse' in the fs9.cfg? And how do i find the correct 'rudder' line?These are all the lines containing the word 'rudder':AXIS_EVENT_01=AXIS_RUDDER_SETAXIS_EVENT_05=AXIS_RUDDER_SETCENTER_AILER_RUDDER=12,8RUDDER_LEFT=45,8RUDDER_RIGHT=135,8thanks in advance.

Here's the data for my pedals:[JOYSTICK_MAIN {B4D2D740-8305-11D6-8001-444553540000}]AXIS_EVENT_00=AXIS_LEFT_BRAKE_SETAXIS_SCALE_00=-108AXIS_NULL_00=24AXIS_EVENT_01=AXIS_RIGHT_BRAKE_SETAXIS_SCALE_01=-108AXIS_NULL_01=23AXIS_EVENT_02=AXIS_RUDDER_SETAXIS_SCALE_02=77AXIS_NULL_02=9The number in braces is unique and identifies the device drivers as found and set up during the device install. The _MAIN indicates this section is for regular non-slew mode. Slew mode has its own assignment and axis adjustment and a similar section _SLEW exists for that.My pedals require a reverse setting in FS. Note the negative number in AXIS SCALE for both toebrakes. I would surmise that a negative number in AXIS SCALE might reverse your rudder.From your file under KEYBOARD_MAIN:CENTER_AILER_RUDDER=12,8RUDDER_LEFT=45,8RUDDER_RIGHT=135,8are keyboard assignments to perform the indicated functions. It looks like, but not sure, the keyboard centering the rudder also centers banking.I still do not see how you can get a single pedal to set to a center position of rudder. You might have to fly with your foot depressing the pedal half-way for a straight rudder. I think using your peds as toebrakes and leaving auto-rudder set on (connected with bank) might give you the best solution. Your bank control will control your nose wheel and using your peds as toebrakes, one for left and one for right, could be your best solution other than getting a set of peds foraircraft with push-pull steering on the added third axis.Don't forget to back up your FS9.cfg.

Guest gtrNL

Thanks for the reply, but no luck. :(