Sign in to follow this  
spilok

Disappearing Asa Control Screen!

It seems that after certain installations that my ASA control screen goes away. I DID read the other thread on this somewhere on this site, but the registry "solution" seems to elude me. I get the startup and then it buries itself on the lower left of my taskbar and it cannot be closed unless you do a Cntrl Alt Del to close it. I read about the REGISTRY alteration on another thread, but I'm not too familiar with adjusting registry values. I went into Reg Edit and tried to find HKCU\Software\HiFi\ASA\ActiveSettings\WindowPosX,WindowPosY.....and I CANNOT LOCATE IT IN THE REGISTRY. Perhaps someone can walk me through how to get to that, because I've tried but no luck.When this happened in the past, it happened after a plane install, and I had to do a System Restore to get it back again. I don't want to do that this time, because I just bought the Flight1 Mustang (expensive) and that's when the ASA problem surfaced again. I sure hope there is a cure for this, because I've been really spending money lately on software (FEX, REX, ASA, and the Flight1 Dakota and Mustang) It does seem to happen after a Flight1 installation. Please suggest a fix for this. It is really very disappointing when this compatibility issue causes FSX to be this much of a hassle.Stan

Jean Paul provided me with the solution a few threads down in this forum.Once again, thank you, Jean Paul, for the great explanation on how to solve this problem.Stan

Jean Paul provided me with the solution a few threads down in this forum.Once again, thank you, Jean Paul, for the great explanation on how to solve this problem.Stan
Hi StanI have the exact same problem. What did you do, to solve the problem?RegardsJen

Hi,SP1 will have a fix for this.Right now the registry location is HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\HiFi\ASA\Active Settings and you are looking to change the WindowPosY and WindowPosX values.Thanks,