Sign in to follow this  
Guest Alphahawk3

Two Graphical Issues

Guest Alphahawk3

I have an i7 920 that is clocked to 3.2 now. I have applied Nicks complete guide to FSX.....thanks Nick for the work you put into that.....it works like a charm....I am locked at 30 and get smooth flights and great landings. FPS will drop to 14 or so at FTX's YMML but it is still smooth so to those that have always said the FPS is no measuring stick you are right. I have searched the forums and Google for my answer but find nothing that really satisfies me or really talks about what the answer may be...and yes there are some threads about it but not as many as I would have thought. When panning around and seeing the papi lights being black squares for just a few seconds or two and when switching views the VC is drawn but is not in color...just gray for a few seconds.....and if panning outside to the front of the aircraft with landing lights still on it will be black for a second or two also. Does not happen all the time. I have XGraphics...but do not use any of their lights...FEX...FTX....GEX. It will do it with default aircraft and payware as well. I might add that the light issue only occurs when panning....if flying normal and coming in for an normal approach staying in the cockpit...as you would in real world....this never happens. This only happens when panning or changing views. My video card is an 9600Gt 512 MB. I have 6 gig of DDR3 1600 mem and 4 is showing up....XP....and it is clocked at 1600 with correct timings. FSX is on a separate 500gig HDD. Heck it does not even show up 50% of the time but it is something that annoys me and if there is an answer I would like to know...if it is common or do I have a problem. One other thing I need to confirm....I read on Phil Taylors blog about alpha blending with autogen popping up as you fly as it it is drawn only when you get to within 2km of the objects. I have autogen set to dense with no performance issue but it is drawn in front of me as I fly...is that still normal or has it been fixed? Any thoughts on this would be much appreciated. One last note. To those of you who have not tried Nicks setup for FSX...it is worth your time. I thought I was satisfied with my new rig until I did his setup...quite a difference. Regards

Hi,Do you know where I can find Nick's guide. Ive used the search function but can't seem to find it.ThanksFabrice

The black textures around lights for a brief moment is a known issue and has been with FSX since the beginning. If you turn your sliders down you will notice this issue minimize or go away. I have my sliders turned up pretty heavy also and have learned to live with the little "black flash". I think it has to with exactly where these textures get processed in the priority tree (which must be further down the list).fabriceg,this thread will give you all the info you need: http://www.simforums.com/forums/forum_post...KW=utx+settings

I see the black box issue as well. It only lasts for a brief moment and I am using the Shockwave Lights. As for your question about the Autogen being drawn in front of you, that is normal from what I have read. What do you have your detail radius set to? Make sure it is on large as I think this helps with that issue.

Jim Wenham

Guest Alphahawk3

Thanks guys....kinda thought those were the answers I would get...but never know unless one asks. Regards