Sign in to follow this  
JackD

New File Library Test

TomFound and downloaded scenery file YCWLByAlexDzeda.zip. No problem downloading; received valid file. All is well !HAPPY NEW YEAR!JackD

TomFound and downloaded scenery file YCWLByAlexDzeda.zip. No problem downloading; received valid file. All is well !HAPPY NEW YEAR!JackD
And I can confirm that uploading is working :).

And I can confirm that uploading is working :).
Yeah, but... Alex, you didn't provide an image file. BORING!!! :(

Yeah, but... Alex, you didn't provide an image file. BORING!!! :(
Guess it's time to test out the file editing system? :(EDIT: It says it needs administrator approval to edit the download, yet I saw it with the screenshot appear instantly, so that may be a bug or just an author thing.Kind of an awkward screenshot, to say the least, though :). (It is NOT me).Edit2: Apparently it pulls the file off whenever you edit it, so not even the original can be downloaded. Currently it isn't showing up in the file library under downloadable since I edited to include the screen.

Probably get flogged but I actually like the current library rather than this new one.

Eric 

I have to agree with Eric, Project AI is using the same file library system and it's absolutely awful compared to the current AVSIM one.

I have to agree with Eric, Project AI is using the same file library system and it's absolutely awful compared to the current AVSIM one.
+1Happy New Year all

Guest 3rd seat

I agree with rest of you guys this is a mess, guess I will have to find files at FS :( :( :( :o

I agree with rest of you guys this is a mess, guess I will have to find files at FS :( :( :( :o
That doesn't help us understand the issues; what do you mean by "this is a mess"? This is a BETA / Trial, not a foregone conclusion. Can you be more specific about what you don't like or find wrong with the Trial Library system? Without details, we are left to conclude that the negatives are no more than statements reflecting resistance to change, not functionality or flaws in the system itself.

Tom, I'm surprised you didn't continue the discussion in your blog. Speaking of which, some people are abusing the trackbacks to spam, you might want to look at that. :(

That doesn't help us understand the issues; what do you mean by "this is a mess"? This is a BETA / Trial, not a foregone conclusion. Can you be more specific about what you don't like or find wrong with the Trial Library system? Without details, we are left to conclude that the negatives are no more than statements reflecting resistance to change, not functionality or flaws in the system itself.
In your blog you ask people what they think, I respond and then my response gets discarded as a personal opinion... You either want to know what we think or not. In addition to that you say "feedback so far indicates that it might be a keeper". I asked where that feedback was, because I honestly couldn't find it. Now that I have stumbled upon some feedback, I'm not a regular visitor or reader of this particular subforum, I see it doesn't exactly look encouraging.And again, you seem to discard much of it. Frankly, it doesn't need to be more specific than "it is a mess". This is the perfect file view in my humple personal opinion and pretty much the only one. This new system offers umpteen different ways to get to the files (Downloads link and The AVSIM File Library System forum categoy). It adds several layers before you get where you want to be and not one view is complete. And no ZipDive! And a flash based screenshot viewer... That's what I call a mess.Simplicity is the keyword, less is more. Don't overcomplicate things. Keep it separate from the rest of the site. You seem to like "resistance to change" and "progress", well, I have another one for you "If it ain't broke, don't fix it!". I've said it before, as uploader and downloader, the current library is very good and successful. It could do with a better search and maybe a fresh coat of paint, but that's it.:(

Mike...

I am going to like the ability to manage revisions, the interface is consistent with the forums. No complaints from here. When do we start?

Dan Downs KCRP