Sign in to follow this  
C09G

Pmdg 747 A/p Failure/option Faiure

I have gotten the PMDG 747 and in just 1 day I learn cold&dark setup :( ( Currently learning FMC)-Problems-1) A/P doesn't respond to my A/P commands on the MCP panel. ( A/P lights doesn't illuminate L,C,R) B) I've went to option and ticked AFDS CONTROLS THROTTLE&RUDDERS but wouldn't save the checked box I saved. 2) PMDG Options, when I edited the options, the PMDG wouldn't save the options I've changed. :( Can you guys help me? :( -Vincent

If you have Vista, ensure admin rights are given to pmdg folder and subfolders.Not enough info to help with autopilot... screenshot would help.

Dan Downs KCRP

This is the 2nd problem, The settings changed goes back to default. *Below* As you can see at the AFDS Setting, I've tick the boxes.(Throttle,Trim&HDG)Now when I've clicked "OK" the settings I've changed went back to default.10hrvgy.jpgAll systems set&go,No error.This is the 1st problem, A/P Lights doesn't illuminate.x1nmg7.jpgHere I've clicked A/P Engage and no lights. V/S has lights and the others don't. So here are the pictures, hope you guys can help solve this!

Do you have Vista? If so, admin rights need to be given to the pmdg folder and subfolders to the dll can make changes to a file.The A/P will not activate until 400 ft agl. LNAV and VNAV will not arm until a flight is programmed, also you won't have v-speeds until preflight is done. Don't expect this simulation to be anything like the default aircraft, I recommend one of the tutorials to help you get started (see Ops section at the pmdg website).

Dan Downs KCRP

Wow! Immediate help. For the A/P part I understand now.Can you clarify and step by step how to make PMDG folder Admin rights?And yes I have Vista.-Vincent

Go to the security tab on the properties dialog box for a folder, by using mouse right button. I don't remember exactly but it was self-evident when I found it.

Dan Downs KCRP

So Is the problem my A/P don't work even in air is that my AFDS settings hasn't have A/T,Trim, and HDG?I found the security tab on "PMDG747-400" folder, don't know what to do with it.-Vincent

So Is the problem my A/P don't work even in air is that my AFDS settings hasn't have A/T,Trim, and HDG?I found the security tab on "PMDG747-400" folder, don't know what to do with it.-Vincent
No, I was only addressing your first problem, which was options not saving. I cannot provide support for Vista. Sorry.To get to your A/P problem, your original problem was no A/P lights on the ground and the answer was that was because you were on the ground. Now if the problem is no A/P once airborne above 400 ft agl then that is a different problem. I can't keep up with you... maybe one problem per thread would be better.Back to number one problem, you will have to figure out out to assign admin rights, try Vista help. The software needs to be given permission by the operating system to change other files, such as the ini file, where the info you want to save is saved.

Dan Downs KCRP

Thanks for your support, The A/P works now above 400ft :( Since I'm a newbie to PMDG 747, Can you explain which A/P to enable. The L C R What are they?-Vincent

Three autopilots: Left Center Right designations, see first page of Autopilot Flight Director System Manual (Section 8). Doesn't matter but usually I select L. All three are used for autoland.Reading the manuals is a must for this simulation.

Dan Downs KCRP

Many Thanks, before I was test flying with A/P and it work like charm! Forget the Setting things.*THREAD CLOSED*-Vincent