Sign in to follow this  
Lennard78

Another Voice Problem Vista 64

Hello,When I try to start VoxatcX I keep getting the error message that I should install a US English-speaking voice. I have followed all the steps in the VoxatcX Help-section and I configured Voice Setup. The voice I use are the default voices; with the default Microsoft Anna as the main voice (her language is US English). Still Voxatc says no compatible voice is set up. Does anyone know how to solve this? I am using FSX on a Vista 64-bit computer.Thank you,Lennard

Actually, to be more exact: I get the message "Cannot initialise voice recognition. Ensure that you have a US English compatible recogniser selected. See help file"Any help would be appreciated! Lennard

Actually, to be more exact: I get the message "Cannot initialise voice recognition. Ensure that you have a US English compatible recogniser selected. See help file"Any help would be appreciated! Lennard
I have exactly the same problem. I'd suggest that whoever solves it first notifies the other. I think it must be a conflict somewhere as I can't see anyone else having this specific problem.If you can let me know what you have installed, we can compare notes and perhaps work it out together.RegardsFotoflyer

Guest nytiger500

Had this problem when I started up my comp today. I solved it by unplugging my headset and replugging it back in. Then I went to the tts options and changed it back to my headset.

Hi!Thanks for those replies. In fact I decided to do the worst thing and that is doing a complete reinstall of my FSX plus addons, since I keep having lots of trouble with other addons as well. I thought it might have to do with the fact that FSX is installed in the default X86/Program Files/Microsoft Games folder, which is not advised (C:\FSX instead). I do not think it will have any effect on Voxatc but I will let you know. A few days ago I also sent an email to Tegwyn West via the VoxATC contact page, but so far no answers....Keep you postedLennard

Hi!Thanks for those replies. In fact I decided to do the worst thing and that is doing a complete reinstall of my FSX plus addons, since I keep having lots of trouble with other addons as well. I thought it might have to do with the fact that FSX is installed in the default X86/Program Files/Microsoft Games folder, which is not advised (C:\FSX instead). I do not think it will have any effect on Voxatc but I will let you know. A few days ago I also sent an email to Tegwyn West via the VoxATC contact page, but so far no answers....Keep you postedLennard
It must have been some sort of conflict. I reset the PC back to factory conditions, re-installed all my FSX and add-ons and now it all works OK.I've also decided to keep all my flight sim software on Drive C. All my other pc stuff is on different. If you don't have multiple drives, why not use something like Partition Magic. It will probably run better anyway.RegardsFoto

It must have been some sort of conflict. I reset the PC back to factory conditions, re-installed all my FSX and add-ons and now it all works OK.I've also decided to keep all my flight sim software on Drive C. All my other pc stuff is on different. If you don't have multiple drives, why not use something like Partition Magic. It will probably run better anyway.RegardsFoto
Hi Foto,My re-installation did not help unfortunately...The same problem. Do you also use Vista (64) Home Premium? Because I just called Microsoft, and they have explained to me that Vista Home Premium has no speech engine built in! So VoxATC is actually unusable unless Vista Home Premium-users are looking for some third-party speech recognition add-ons. I did not know this; I suggested Tegwyn to actually put this info on the VoxATC website. I kept thinking it is a bug in my set-up but Microsoft says it isn't....I have no idea whether such add-ons are free or payware, but I will have a look now. I assume you use Vista Ultimate or XP, as with those there is a speech engine integrated, as I understood? Am interested to hear. Best wishes, Lennard

Hi Foto,My re-installation did not help unfortunately...The same problem. Do you also use Vista (64) Home Premium? Because I just called Microsoft, and they have explained to me that Vista Home Premium has no speech engine built in! So VoxATC is actually unusable unless Vista Home Premium-users are looking for some third-party speech recognition add-ons. I did not know this; I suggested Tegwyn to actually put this info on the VoxATC website. I kept thinking it is a bug in my set-up but Microsoft says it isn't.... Best wishes, Lennard
Lennard, Do you mean that VISTA Home Premium 64 has no speech engine or both VISTA Home Premium 32 and 54 have no speech engine?Vann

Lennard, Do you mean that VISTA Home Premium 64 has no speech engine or both VISTA Home Premium 32 and 54 have no speech engine?Hi Vann,In fact it turns out to be regional specific: the Dutch Vista Home Premium version has no speech engine,together with some other more language "minorities".....(http://forums1.avsim.net/index.php?showtopic=239400)Best wishesLennard Vann
Lennard, Do you mean that VISTA Home Premium 64 has no speech engine or both VISTA Home Premium 32 and 54 have no speech engine?Vann
Hi Vann,In fact it turns out to be regional specific: the Dutch Vista Home Premium version has no speech engine,together with some other more language "minorities".....(http://forums1.avsim.net/index.php?showtopic=239400)Best wishesLennard