Sign in to follow this  
Guest PPSFA

Pirep: Mustang And Multiplayer

Guest PPSFA

I know some have been curious, as I have been, about the functionality of the Mustang in multiplayer, especially considering Flight1 stated right up front it wasn't going to be supported. Since I am a fan of all bizjets, and I love using the 'shared cockpit-SC' feature of FSX, I was initially disappointed with that news, and it was enough of a 'downer' that I seriously considered not getting the plane. However curiosity got the best of me, and I have been testing the last few days. I now have enough test flights in that I can pass on what we have learned, for those that also are MP SC aficionados.The good news is that the Mustang does indeed work, and work

Very nice and informative. I am excited to read things like this because it is something that I dreamed of ever since I really got into FS way back on FS98. That said, I am very fortunate to have gone the route of building a full size home cockpit of the LJ45. It's obviously way more immersive for two people to sit side by side in person, but what you have going on here is the next best thing. It actually makes me want to purchase the Mustang and get intouch with you one day for some multi player flying on my desktop! However, as can be expected, it's hard to pull away from the full size deal. Never the less, have fun and keep up the good work!

Guest Shalomar

If your default flight is in a default aircraft, you can start FSX then go right to multi. Switching to an addon aircraft for the *first* time is acceptable in the inital MP window that pops up according to the F1 PC-12 manual.If you want to switch to a different complex addon in multi, the best guarantee of success and first thing to do if anomalies surface is to exit FSX and reenter, provided your default flight is in a default aircraft. This is less of a problem since Gamespy usually kicks you off when ending a flight... You're halfway there!When I had the problem with the nonstop alarm in the CJ1 when we were flying together I had switched from another addon aircraft. I did not find it necessary to modify my default flight as per your suggestion, or even to create a new flight to load.I am on the fence as to the Mustang- minus your Gofast mods and flying with limited fuel I think I might rather wait for Eaglesoft's CJ1 V2.Best Regards, Donald T :(