Sign in to follow this  
Guest _Sheva_

Error On Installing Fsx

Guest _Sheva_

Guys I need help :(Trying to install the FSX on my new system with Vista Ultimate x64.When the second DVD is inserted I keep getting this error. What do I have to do pls ::)errorzq7.jpg

Looks like your optical drive can't read one of the files on CD2. Have you used this disc before? If not , take it back. Otherwise you could try cleaning it. Try a different CD drive. Some people have had luck copying their discs to the HDD and installing FSX from there.Good luck.Bob

Bob

i5, 16 GB ram, GTX 960, FS on SSD, Windows 10 64 bit, home built works anyway.

Guest _Sheva_
Looks like your optical drive can't read one of the files on CD2. Have you used this disc before? If not , take it back. Otherwise you could try cleaning it. Try a different CD drive. Some people have had luck copying their discs to the HDD and installing FSX from there.Good luck.Bob
Yes I tried to install it from HDD but still the same error :(

Bummer. Again, have you used this disc before? See if it works in a different computer. What language is that on the option buttons? I seem to remember some problem with some non-English discs. Your screen shot shows some other program running during install. I think it best to have as little running as possible.Bob

Bob

i5, 16 GB ram, GTX 960, FS on SSD, Windows 10 64 bit, home built works anyway.

Guest _Sheva_
Bummer. Again, have you used this disc before? See if it works in a different computer. What language is that on the option buttons? I seem to remember some problem with some non-English discs. Your screen shot shows some other program running during install. I think it best to have as little running as possible.Bob
It does the same on my laptop. The language is Czech, but its just the buttons. The FS itself is English.

I had the exact same problem installing FSX, and updates. NickN suggested I check my memory. I tested it with memtest and found errors. Replaced the memory and the programs loaded fine.DaveSystem:Dell XPS 720 H2CIntel Quad Core Extreme QX6800 @ 3.73GHz2GB Corsair Dominator EPP 8500C5D 800MHz FSB 1066 MHz2x160GB WD SATA Raptors, Sound Blaster X-FiNvidia 2x8800GTX 768MB SLI, Dell 2407WFP PanelXP driver: 169.21, Vista driver: 169.25Logitech Z680 5.1 Speakers, G5 Mouse, Saitek X52WinXP Media Edition SP2 on C: (SATA 0)Vista SP1 on D: (SATA 1) (Dual Boot)3DMark06: 17,018/6992/7123/5667

Guest _Sheva_
I had the exact same problem installing FSX, and updates. NickN suggested I check my memory. I tested it with memtest and found errors. Replaced the memory and the programs loaded fine.DaveSystem:Dell XPS 720 H2CIntel Quad Core Extreme QX6800 @ 3.73GHz2GB Corsair Dominator EPP 8500C5D 800MHz FSB 1066 MHz2x160GB WD SATA Raptors, Sound Blaster X-FiNvidia 2x8800GTX 768MB SLI, Dell 2407WFP PanelXP driver: 169.21, Vista driver: 169.25Logitech Z680 5.1 Speakers, G5 Mouse, Saitek X52WinXP Media Edition SP2 on C: (SATA 0)Vista SP1 on D: (SATA 1) (Dual Boot)3DMark06: 17,018/6992/7123/5667
U mean the RAM or what memory?

The only memory you can replace is the RAM memory sticks. The motherboard comes with space for four, but works best with a matched pair. Mine came with a matched pair of 2x1GB. I added another 2GB matched pair, but this turned off the EPP overclock and forced my FSB back to 800MHz. I removed them and installed 2x2GB sticks and the FSB returned to 1066MHz.Memtest86 only tests system RAM.Who would have thunk bad memory would cause a install problem, until now!Dave

The only memory you can replace is the RAM memory sticks. The motherboard comes with space for four, but works best with a matched pair. Mine came with a matched pair of 2x1GB. I added another 2GB matched pair, but this turned off the EPP overclock and forced my FSB back to 800MHz. I removed them and installed 2x2GB sticks and the FSB returned to 1066MHz.Memtest86 only tests system RAM.Who would have thunk bad memory would cause a install problem, until now!Dave
Sheva, Vista also has it's own memory testing diagnostic tool, you might want to start there.http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windows-vis...iagnostic-tool/

Regards, Kendall