Sign in to follow this  
GAJ52

2 Monitor Question

Santa bought me a second monitor for Christmas which is set up and works great, only problem is I use VasFmc and FS Commander on the second monitor and if I need to touch a control on these programs the FS9 or FSX engine sound stops. I am aware windows only uses one window at a time but I wasn't expecting the sound to stop.Anyone know of a way around thisGlen

Glen

Santa bought me a second monitor for Christmas which is set up and works great, only problem is I use VasFmc and FS Commander on the second monitor and if I need to touch a control on these programs the FS9 or FSX engine sound stops. I am aware windows only uses one window at a time but I wasn't expecting the sound to stop.Anyone know of a way around thisGlen
----------If you have two applications open, activating/using the non FS app will automatically PAUSE FS. It's not just engine sound that stops. I'm running FS9 with triple views/monitors. If RouteFinder applic is also loaded, clicking on it will pause FS as RFinder is activated. Click on FS to reactivate, then just hit P key to unpause FS and you are back in business with FS.Alex Reid

Did you try to deactivate "Pause On Task Switching"? Options==>Settings==>General untick the option.HTH.

Hi,No, FS needs to be the focused window in order for the sound to work.

Thanks for your reply guys.I know its only a quick click back onto the FS window to bring the sound back but it kind of takes away some of the fun of a second monitor when the sound keeps cutting off. I suppose we'll just have to live with it :( Glen

Glen

Thanks for your reply guys.I know its only a quick click back onto the FS window to bring the sound back but it kind of takes away some of the fun of a second monitor when the sound keeps cutting off. I suppose we'll just have to live with it :( Glen
Hi guys. FYI, I'm flying in windowed mode with triple monitors and clicking in each. My sound is perfect -- in fact, if I click on the left or right monitor, the only change to my sound is a perspective change due to the simulated doppler effect. Not sure what I'm doing "wrong" but I hope it never gets fixed! :( Best regards, all!

Hi ChuckIf you are using undocked FS views like GPS or Radio stack then you are right it wont effect the sound but I'm talking about separate programs on the other monitor like VasFMC or FS Commander.Glen

Glen

Hi ChuckIf you are using undocked FS views like GPS or Radio stack then you are right it wont effect the sound but I'm talking about separate programs on the other monitor like VasFMC or FS Commander.Glen
Ah, yes-- although I'm using FSNavigator (a spearate add-on program) on monitor 3 and it doesn't affect the sound, I have experienced what you all are talkking about. I now remember that if the program is not designed to run inside Flight Simulator you ust either endure the inconvenience of loss of focus or or move them to a WideFS client computer.Sorry, my bad!