Sign in to follow this  
Guest TSE

4870x2 - Great In Fsx Except 3d Clouds

Guest TSE

Captains,I just downgraded my system from a 4870X2 to a 4870.Reason is tht the Gigabyte 4870X2 was giving me extremely bad performance in FSX CB clouds - 5-7 FPS only.Besides that overall in FSX of the 4870X2 was just great.CPU is a QX9650 oc'd to 3.6GhZ, 4GB Mushkin Performance XP RAM (2*2 GB), Asus Maximus Extreme MB, System watercooled3DMark06 was 21200, burn in test with Prime95 for 20 hours and Memtest with 400 % cycle did not reveal any hardware issues, GPU temp was around 62 degrees under full load.With the 4870, I'm now getting between 20-30 FPS in all weather situations and even with the FS Dreamteam Add-on Sceneries and REX clouds installed I'm never getting below 20-22 FPS.Anybody else out there seeing this issue in FSX with a 4870X2 ? Is this driver related ?ThanksJoerg

Guest Nick_N
Captains,I just downgraded my system from a 4870X2 to a 4870.Reason is tht the Gigabyte 4870X2 was giving me extremely bad performance in FSX CB clouds - 5-7 FPS only.Besides that overall in FSX of the 4870X2 was just great.CPU is a QX9650 oc'd to 3.6GhZ, 4GB Mushkin Performance XP RAM (2*2 GB), Asus Maximus Extreme MB, System watercooled3DMark06 was 21200, burn in test with Prime95 for 20 hours and Memtest with 400 % cycle did not reveal any hardware issues, GPU temp was around 62 degrees under full load.With the 4870, I'm now getting between 20-30 FPS in all weather situations and even with the FS Dreamteam Add-on Sceneries and REX clouds installed I'm never getting below 20-22 FPS.Anybody else out there seeing this issue in FSX with a 4870X2 ? Is this driver related ?ThanksJoerg
Known issueATI's flagship card will cream Nvidia in Crysis but will perform WORSE than a 2 year old 8800GTX Ultra in FSX around weatherits because of 2 things.. their method of AA and the number of TMUs along with the fact that the x2 wont engage the 2nd card in FSXYour issue of very low frame rates may go back to the motherboard its BIOS or the drivers used however even the 4780 single will not beat the 8800GTX Ultra in FSX