Sign in to follow this  
thepilot

Rivers Lying In Hollows

Hi and a Happy New Year!I've got a problem with my FS, my rivers have sunk in hollows (see pictures below). How can I get rid of this occurence?My FS installation is still pretty fresh - the only tool I could suspect to cause this is GE Pro (and maybe the mesh from Flightzone Portland, which I've deactivated in the meantime).My terrian.cfg has not been altered. I hope someone knows how this drawback can be solved... I'd be really greateful.fs92009.jpgfs920092.jpg

The only programs I know to do this are Ultimate Terrain USA, and FS Genesis' American Data: Roads, Railroads, and Streams. There's a setting in the configuration dialogs that ask how far you want the streams sunk in the ground. I usually set mine to 1 or 2 meters. The default is 5 meters.

John Morgan

"There is a feeling about an airport that no other piece of ground can have. No matter what the name of the country on whose land it lies, an airport is a place you can see and touch that leads to a reality that can only be thought and felt." - The Bridge Across Forever: A Love Story by Richard Bach

The only programs I know to do this are Ultimate Terrain USA, and FS Genesis' American Data: Roads, Railroads, and Streams. There's a setting in the configuration dialogs that ask how far you want the streams sunk in the ground. I usually set mine to 1 or 2 meters. The default is 5 meters.
The strange thing is that I have none of these programs installed. Are you referring to their settings or the ones in the FS9 menu? However, your input was the one I needed- I've just deleted my FS9.cfg and now my rivers are ok again :( Thanks a lot! :(

Open up Terrain.cfg and try this://Stream Lines[Texture.1024] // stream lines / unknown / perennialType=1Size=4ExcludeAutogen=1MaskClassMap=3Textures=RiverSU.bmpoffset=-1[Texture.1025] // stream lines / unknown / non-perennialType=1Size=4ExcludeAutogen=1MaskClassMap=3Textures=RiverSU.bmpoffset=-1Just change the offset to what you want. A higher negative number results in a deeper hole.Devin

Devin Pollock
CYOW

BetaTeamB.png