Sign in to follow this  
Guest nilsca

Pdfkneeboard 1.5 - Now Available For Fsx

I see you also wrote gaugomate.....I understand it is opposite to key2mouse.....I would liek to see a freeware version for something exactly simular to key2mouse for fsx...any possibilities?

Hi McCrashyeah, that's something to consider Thanks for the feedbackNils

Guest nilsca

Hi bpollock

I see you also wrote gaugomate.....I understand it is opposite to key2mouse.....I would liek to see a freeware version for something exactly simular to key2mouse for fsx...any possibilities?
well, anything is possible of course :( but normally I only spend time on stuff I need - that you guys get it is a side-effect :( What are you trying to achieve? Where do you want to click via key/joy?I was never a big fan of a mouse-click as the means of getting an action across as the widget/gauge has to be visible in sight (gautomate fills a niche in FS9 only atm). Ultimately I was more thinking about a scripting kind of env where one can link input actions like key/joy to any FS internal 'activity'. All that might be required is a bit of glue that connects an input configuration to running some xml ... send me some info on what the pain-point is (maybe PM is better than this particular thread) and I'll think about it.CheersNils

Guest nilsca

Hia new version (1.6) of PDFKneeboard is now availablehttp://code.google.com/p/fscode/downloads/listchanges:+ bugfix:PDFKneeboard crashes with stack overflow when closing large pdf file+ bugfix:PDFKneeboard doesn't render PDF with pdf_page.mediabox.x1 > 0 (e.g. ASA.pdf)+ feature:PDFKneeboard to reuse zoom from previous page for unvisited pages + feature:PDFKneeboard to allow to jump directly to a specific page (Ctrl+1+2 for goto 12)CheersNils

Hia new version (1.6) of PDFKneeboard is now availablehttp://code.google.com/p/fscode/downloads/listchanges:+ bugfix:PDFKneeboard crashes with stack overflow when closing large pdf file+ bugfix:PDFKneeboard doesn't render PDF with pdf_page.mediabox.x1 > 0 (e.g. ASA.pdf)+ feature:PDFKneeboard to reuse zoom from previous page for unvisited pages + feature:PDFKneeboard to allow to jump directly to a specific page (Ctrl+1+2 for goto 12)CheersNils
Wow, looks great! I would love to test this new version but my computer broke down last weekend... RMA may take up to 3 to 4 weeks, so I've heard, so... I'm afraid someone else has to do the testing this time. :( But I am looking forward to using the kneeboard in the future!

v1.5 has more problemsl, for me anyway.close and hide commands cause white full screen. open dialog box sometimes disappears.close on menu does nothing.

Guest nilsca
v1.5 has more problemsl, for me anyway.close and hide commands cause white full screen. open dialog box sometimes disappears.close on menu does nothing.
Hmm, that sucks :( (I assume you mean 1.6)Are you running Vista or XP?ThanksNils

I don't have problems with the dialog box disappearing and the close in the menu works for me, using Vista 64.The Ctrl+1+2+3-thing works perfectly, and I no longer get the problem when moving the window around :(I do however get the same behaviour as with 1.5 when I open or close the window in fullscreen mode, my screen go black for a second before rendering everything again.

Hmm, that sucks :( (I assume you mean 1.6)Are you running Vista or XP?ThanksNils
Windows XP (sp2)Yes v1.6Been sick all week.

Guest nilsca

Hi Klas

I do however get the same behaviour as with 1.5 when I open or close the window in fullscreen mode, my screen go black for a second before rendering everything again.
thanks for the report - I can't recommend fullscreen atm - anything opening a child popup window (I've seen the same with ivap) like pdfkneeboard seems to lag the sim substantially (here 4-5 secs actually) :( Atm I don't know why that's happening and use it in window mode onlyCheersNilsHey McCrashget better will ya? :(
Windows XP (sp2)Yes v1.6
that's what I have here - don't know what's going on atm - try the non-fullscreen mode (Alt+Enter) if not already - other than that I have no idea atmRegardsNils

Unless I have missed it I do not know if there is a site for sectional PDFs? ?NAVData seems to be the source for approach plates. Thanks

regards,

Dick near Pittsburgh, USA

Hi Klasthanks for the report - I can't recommend fullscreen atm - anything opening a child popup window (I've seen the same with ivap) like pdfkneeboard seems to lag the sim substantially (here 4-5 secs actually) :( Atm I don't know why that's happening and use it in window mode onlyCheersNilsHey McCrashget better will ya? :( Windowed mode work perfectly.that's what I have here - don't know what's going on atm - try the non-fullscreen mode (Alt+Enter) if not already - other than that I have no idea atmRegardsNils

Guest nilsca

Hi Dick

Unless I have missed it I do not know if there is a site for sectional PDFs? ?
same thing yes, there doesn't seem to be one central place :( just some pdfs here and there CheersNils