Sign in to follow this  
Guest nilsca

Realtrim 1.5 - Now Available For Fsx

Guest Astradan

Hi Nils,I love this program for flying GA aircraft - thank you very much !Regards,David.

Sorry but from where can one download this Realtime 1.5 for FSX?The link to the authors web page above does not appear to include any download links.Thanks,Stuart

flyuk_sig.php?id=UKV3373

Hi Stuart,I finally found it by following the link in the FAQ (on the authors site). Last item in FAQ is link to code, once there download links are on the right.HTH.Donedit-Just realized there's a download tab at the top of the main page... :(

Anyone using this with the DA Piper Cheyenne ?FSX crashes as soon as I load the aircraft ....Here's the error :_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________Problem signature: Problem Event Name: BEX Application Name: fsx.exe Application Version: 10.0.61472.0 Application Timestamp: 475e17d3 Fault Module Name: realtrim.dll Fault Module Version: 0.0.0.0 Fault Module Timestamp: 495e5f1e Exception Offset: 00004b38 Exception Code: c0000417 Exception Data: 00000000 OS Version: 6.0.6001.2.1.0.768.3 Locale ID: 1033 Additional Information 1: b0d0 Additional Information 2: 49137f23feb0e067ebfb4a690d4334e6 Additional Information 3: 8cca Additional Information 4: a24613f88401ad0915761abc595242e4__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________cheersGreg

Guest Astradan

Nils,I've been a long time user of an older version of your Realtrim with FS9.I now use only FSX and have just installed and tried your v1.5 for FSX.Wow, this is wonderful !! This is a HUGE enhancement in realism, when flying general aviation aircraft that don't have a seperate trim tab.And the wonderful thing is, one can assign the RealTrim button to a different button from the normal trim buttons, so we can enjoy the best of both worlds!Thanks again for this amazing piece of freeware genius! David.

Guest nilsca

Hi guysthanks for the checking this out (again) - glad it works in most cases.For anyone looking - yes, download files are on this page http://code.google.com/p/fscode/downloads/listGreg,

Anyone using this with the DA Piper Cheyenne ?FSX crashes as soon as I load the aircraft ....
Are you referring to Digital Aviation's PA? http://www.digital-aviation.de/l_html/airc..._pa31_main.htmlLooks like something's special about that aircraft (aka realtrim should handle it right) :)I'll see what I can find out about it - might be hard without the actual aircraft obviously. I might need some debugging information - first. create a file called realtrim.ini (if not there already) in the modules directory. edit its content to enable logging
  [RealTrim]  Logging=1

. re-run and load the aircraft, wait for crash. send me (nils dot meier at gmail dot com) the realtrim.log log-file (should also be in the modules directory)Thanks!CheersNils

Hi guysthanks for the checking this out (again) - glad it works in most cases.For anyone looking - yes, download files are on this page http://code.google.com/p/fscode/downloads/listGreg,Are you referring to Digital Aviation's PA? http://www.digital-aviation.de/l_html/airc..._pa31_main.htmlLooks like something's special about that aircraft (aka realtrim should handle it right) :)I'll see what I can find out about it - might be hard without the actual aircraft obviously. I might need some debugging information - first. create a file called realtrim.ini (if not there already) in the modules directory. edit its content to enable logging
  [RealTrim]  Logging=1

. re-run and load the aircraft, wait for crash. send me (nils dot meier at gmail dot com) the realtrim.log log-file (should also be in the modules directory)Thanks!CheersNils

Hi Nils,Yes the aircraft in question is the Digital Avation Piper Cheyenne PA-31 payware.I am unable to get the error to log.I have both .ini and .log files in the Modules folder.Tried several times, each time FSX did crash while loading the aircraft but I see only an empty log file. I see Realtrim can be disabled thru the FSX Menu so I will do that for the DA Cheyenne in the meantime.Thanks for a real neat addon !!!cheersGreg

Nils,I've been a long time user of an older version of your Realtrim with FS9.I now use only FSX and have just installed and tried your v1.5 for FSX.Wow, this is wonderful !! This is a HUGE enhancement in realism, when flying general aviation aircraft that don't have a seperate trim tab.And the wonderful thing is, one can assign the RealTrim button to a different button from the normal trim buttons, so we can enjoy the best of both worlds!Thanks again for this amazing piece of freeware genius! David.
Hi I have just installed this but I do not know how to assign a buttton to it-can some one please tell me where /how to do this.Many thanks.Qas

Hi I have just installed this but I do not know how to assign a buttton to it-can some one please tell me where /how to do this.Many thanks.Qas
Does it appear as an addon in your menu? If so, use the menu. I think there is only one option to click.Unless it doesn

What's supposed to happen when you click the Trim Button item in the menu? Nothing at all happens here when I click it.
A text message is supposed to appear on the screen, which requests to push a button on your joystick, which should be assigned as the trim button.