Sign in to follow this  
ryanbatc

Access Denied Trying To Move A Folder

I am the admin, UAC is turned off. I still can't move this antivirus folder where I want it. Anyone know why?moving1.jpgmoving2.jpgI can move every other folder, just not the AV.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Hmmm...not at my Vista computer right now, but it may be more of a AV program issue( since it is in the Windows folder) than a Vista issue. It could be because of registry preferences.Bob

Bob

i5, 16 GB ram, GTX 960, FS on SSD, Windows 10 64 bit, home built works anyway.

Guest UlfB

NOD32 is a antivirus program and the primary thing is to avoid any attack on it self. Don't mess with NOD32. Uninstall it if you don't want to use it.Why do you want to move the Start Menu folder for NOD32?Ulf B

I want it moved because I hate when my start menu and programs menu gets cluttered. I've never had issues moving any other AV. I'll try to disable it, then move it

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

You can try thishttp://ccollomb.free.fr/unlocker/It's freeware. Just follow the directions, pretty simple. You can delete it then create a new shortcut. Not sure if this is what your looking to do.Larry
Not exactly - but I have had that issue before haha - thanks for the link!!!

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |

In Vista,1) Click your User Account (can be done by searching it)2)Make sure User Account Control Is ON. And make sure your account is Admin Rights.-Vincent

Maybe you can't move it because there is an active AV process. Close the AV completely and try again. Cheers.

Alvega

CPU: AMD 7800X3D | COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid 240L Core ARGB | GPU: RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB OC | Mobo: ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS WIFI |
RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 6000MHz PC5-48000 2x16GB CL36 | SSDs: WD Black SN770 2TB NVMe SSD (WIN11), WD Black SN850X SSD 2 TB M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4 NVMe (MSFS), Crucial MX500 2TB (Other stuff) | CASE: Forgeon Arcanite ARGB Mesh Tower ATX White | Power Supply: Forgeon Bolt PSU 850W 80+ Gold Full Modular White 

Guest UlfB
I want it moved because I hate when my start menu and programs menu gets cluttered. I've never had issues moving any other AV. I'll try to disable it, then move it
I see. But what happens if you want to uninstall a program. Will the setup program fail to remove the move program short cut? Will the the uninstall process terminate due to this error and finish in an incomplete state?Ulf B

Guest JimBrown

I'm another one of those that doesn't like messy start menus, and I move start menu items around, including moving items from the "default" user to my user account start menu (so that my wife does not see them in her account and try to use them.)Uninstall will not find and delete a moved start menu item. But that will not cause the uninstall to fail. The moved start menu item will have to be deleted manually.As an aside, before I uninstall anything, I first determine and note the folder it was installed in. After the uninstall and a reboot, I check that the folder is gone. If not, I delete it. Keep in mind that an uninstall usually will only uninstall files that were initially installed. Any files added after the install (usually user data) may remain.Regards,...jim

Anyway, got it all fixed, a simple disable worked well

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |