Sign in to follow this  
Guest pumrigar

GoFlight Autopilot glitch

Guest ozhero

Greetings all,I have been using the GF-MCP (GoFlight Autopilot) for some time now and while I find it to be an excellent addition to my flightsimming pleasure I have an annoying glitch on almost every flight.At a random point during the flight one set of numbers (eg, the altitude, or CRS, or Heading) will suddenly jump into very large figures (like it is some sort of spike) with the corresponding effect on the plane. Also tonight all the numbers and lit pushbuttons froze but I was still able to turn the knobs to have the corresponding effect on the plane, ie turned the heading knob and it turned but numbers did not change.I am using the latest version of the software from the GoFlight website.Does anyone else have these sort of problems or can anyone suggest why this may be happening. It happens in different planes and I am also using a powered USB hub.Any suggestions or help would be greatly appreciated.

Guest pumrigar

Yes, I have seen the same thing but thought it was only me. Have you tried contacting Doyle at goflight ? Their support is very good.Pesi

So far I have not seen any glitches. But on my default FS2K2 Learjet, the IAS Hold does not work when activated. From the screen it does work and lit the IAS hold. Drivers are the latest 126. Is your Learjet MCP funtions 100% ?fred

Guest Aidi

I am in the process of doing a review on the MCP, so far i have not experienced any of the issues you guys are reporting. My parameters in the CRS/HDG/VSI/ALT stay rock solid. I also used the default Lear 45 for testing the IAS/MACH hold, and again it worked as should do. One thing i did find is that it is fussy when it comes to the USB port I plug it into. I found that if i had it plugged directly into my PC it would sometimes fail to initialize, but if plugged into my 4port (unpowered) hub it works everytime without fail. The only area that might i can come up with regards to the "spiking" of numbers set could be to do with the USB power settings. On windows xp, there is a facility to stop the USB going into standby. There is a check box that will let the computer automatically turn off the USB to save power. Might want to look at that area.But as already suggested, drop Doyle an email. RgdsAidihttp://www.avsim.com/vfr_center/avsim_sig.jpg

The strange Learjet 45 IAS HOLD behaviour was solved by changing the setting from 0 to 1 in the aircraft.cfg [autopilot] section.The line "autothrottle_arming_required= 0" to 1.Fred

Guest BruceSoloed1966

I have the GF-MCP autopilot and the GF-LGT landing gear, trim and flaps. They worked perfectly when I plugged the USB connectors directly into a PCI USB 2.0 card.I added a quality D-Link self-powered 2.0 USB hub, which has plenty of power to spare, and used the Windows XP device manager to set all USBs to stay powered up. Only the two GoFlight modules are plugged into the USB hub. The modules still function, but the autopilot button and display lights stay on for only a minute or so. Annoying and distracting when flying. Also, the lights on both modules cycle periodically even when FS2004 is not running.I'd appreciate any suggestions. I need to use the hub because there aren't enough USB connections left in the PCI USB card.

I use the GF MCP as well with several other GF panels and have two USB hubs for them. It could be a USB issue (the port or type of USB outlet). Also, are you using FSUIPC? If not, you might find it helps to stabilize things.Does it happen with specific a/c? Do they utilize the default MS FS9 autopilot? JS

Guest BruceSoloed1966

Thanks JS. I'm using the registered version of FSUIPC. It does seem to be a USB issue because the modules worked fine before I added the hub. I just tried to send the same message to support@goflightinc.com as listed on their web site and got a mail delivery error.The problem occurs with both the aircraft I have tried: Cessna 172 and Mooney Bravo. Also, with the Mooney, the elevator trim wheel doesn't work. When I click the elevator trim button on the Mooney panel, the button won't stay on.I'm going to go have supper and I'll check here again tomorrow.

Guest BruceSoloed1966

My USB problem with my GoFlight modules being intermittent is resolved. I replaced my USB2 hub with a USB1 hub that GoFlight listed in the readme.txt file: Belkin USB Hub Model F5U027.I believe the problem I had with the elevator trim wheel in the Mooney was partly my misunderstanding of the Mooney button on the instrument panel. It isn't supposed to stay on as a pushbutton. It is a rocker switch instead. However, it takes many clicks of either the rocker switch on the panel, or presses of the keypad 1 and 7 keys, or turns of the GoFlight trim wheel to make the Mooney trim budge even a little. I will look for a Mooney topic to post this question.

I have seen the behavior you describe, but only a couple times in quite a few flights.My MCP, as well as six other GF panels, are connected to a powered Belkin 7-port hub. Right now I can't remember whether it's USB 1.1 or 2.0...Dave Blevins

System: Asus P8Z68 Deluxe/Gen3 mobo *** i7 2700K @ 5gHz w/ Corsair H80 cooler

NVidia GTX 570 OC *** 8 GB 1600 Corsair Vengeance DRAM *** CoolerMaster HAF X case

System overclocked and tuned for FSX by fs-gs.com

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog stick/throttle & CH Products Pro Pedals

Various GoFlight panels *** PFC avionics stack