Sign in to follow this  
Guest coops

Asx Weather Over Ocean

Guest coops

Hi, Is ASX (Not ASA) supposed to depict some weather over trans-oceanic flights given a flight plan and setting enhancedroute/virtual stations in ASX seettings? I got perfectly clear weather with no winds the entire time over the pacific at 34,000 ft? I also get this occasionally over the US as well. Isn't ASX supposed to fill in these spots with some type of weather?

Guest coops

Hi Jim, Just to let you know that I had these options on before I started up ASX and FSX. I was the one who was having trouble getting ASX to put weather into FSX. I raised the time to 30 minutes and checked all the option (see logs attached). Keep in mind that this ASX and not ASA. I have to keep reminding because people are so wrapped up in ASA these days. I assume ASX has been patched of all major problems. Anyway this is my flight from KEWR-PHNL. 1) Some spots in the US just went clear with 0 winds at cruise2) The entire pacific (short of a station I passed over) was clear with no winds.3) My plane turned black on short final and my computer froze on me.I didn't hit weather until I got very close to Honolulu. I have attached the XEngine and ASA log files. See if it performing as expected. I thought it was resolved because I am getting weather at origin and destination but my quirks remain with what is above. i had all the options checked before I started ASX and so effectively I shut it down and restarted again as you mention in flightsim

Hi Guys,I don

Regards
Jannie Roelofse

Flight1 Software Project Manager

Guest coops

Hi,Jannier -- I have ASX with Win XP Firewall and no anti-virus. According to your thread I should not have a problem as you have the same firewall. Is there anything I need to do with Win XP firewall? I have the latest FSUIPC4 but not registered. Could this be the problem? I am not seeing anything there that could help meJim -- I decided to try a return flight doing everything you told me to do. I went from PHNL - KPHX and found the correct weather over PHNL but then as soon as I left PHNL the skies cleared with no wind at any altitude. When I approached another station (close to Maui), the weather returned but as I passed over and moved away from Maiu the weather cleared with no winds. Clear the rest of the way over the Pacific. As I approached Phoenix, I would get some weather over certain stations but in between it was clear. Then finally Phoenix was clear as well (should have had 5 knts wind out of the east). Again for some reason it is setting the global weather but not the individual stations. I feel you are leaving out this important find as it may indicate precisely where the problem lies. I have mentioned this quite a few times! Jannier might be correct where the problem (and most other problems you are experiencing with ASA and ASX) may be with Simconnect but i have no way of telling since there is no log for Simconnect. I have attached the ASX logs for the flight I describe above. Please advise. Flying with no weather is like swimming with no water!

Hi Coops,I assume you are using SP2 or Acceleration for FSX?I am aware of a few other times with applications where communication of simconnect suddenly stopped, sometimes permanently or some time temporarily or sometimes partially.I am not a computer boffin but I would think that maybe simconnect sometimes might get "flooded" and then it "breaks" or because it uses TCP/IP to communicate, and something in that part of the OS goes belly up it could cause these strange malfunctions.RegardsJannie

Regards
Jannie Roelofse

Flight1 Software Project Manager

Hi Coops,I see where the smoothing is taking place and then it totally stops especially in flight 1.Let me reinstall my ASX and I'll re-create your flight.In the mean time, if you have FSUIPC4 installed, try with default settings and weather settings Off.Thanks,

Guest coops
Hi Coops,I see where the smoothing is taking place and then it totally stops especially in flight 1.Let me reinstall my ASX and I'll re-create your flight.In the mean time, if you have FSUIPC4 installed, try with default settings and weather settings Off.Thanks,
Hi Jim, I have already tried this. I have the unregistered version and so I I first hit the deafult weather button and then I hit weather off. This clears all the weather even at the origin airport. I did not do this for the phnl-kphx flight but I have in the past to no avail. I have Win XP firewall but i can't imagine how this might be it. I have SP1 and SP2 without Accel. See if this is not happening to you on your recreated flight. Again there is an update to FSX being made but it is made in the GLOBAL setting and not the local setting although not at the origin airport. In this case it would not update the oceanic portion. Check this as you fly.

Guest coops

Jim,Did you get anything out of your test flight?

Hi,Yep, with Wind Data Smoothing On the pseudo stations had no winds. This may be as designed.Thanks,

Guest coops
Hi,Yep, with Wind Data Smoothing On the pseudo stations had no winds. This may be as designed.Thanks,
So you are saying to remove Wind Data Smoothing in order to get weather in between stations? It wasn't just winds..there were no clouds or any weather at all. Clear as a bell! If this is as designed, don't you believe this is a flaw? Are you the programmer?

Guest coops
Hi,No I am not.Thanks,
This is your answer? Jim...I have a product that does not work and support that is pretty poor! You may have helped other people but I am getting none. You keep tossing this aside and giving up. I would appreciate a solution to my problem or I will enquire about a refund. I spent some hard earned money on this. If you can not figure it out then I expect you to go to 3rd level support (programmers) and get answers. They know the depth of how simconnect works and how my problem can be resolved. This is not a simple cloud problem. I HAVE NO WEATHER IN BETWEEN STATIONS AND MY DESTINATION.

Hi,Please uncheck the Wind Data Smoothing option and see what you get on your set up now.Thanks,

Guest coops

Jim, I tried this. This brough back my winds within flight but I am still not getting the correct weather for my destination. I turned off routing ioptions and I no longer set up a route in ASX. I tried that and weather is improving but I the destination is always whatever it wants to be. There is another recent Thread called "ASX Weather and FS Weather Different " on this site. This person is having the exact same problem I am with ASX. I have replied there as well with the GLOBAL vs Specific Station phenomenon I reported earlier. I believe this is key to solving the problem and I wonder if FSUPIC4.4 (unregistered) is interfering with ASX updating the sim correctly. Please read that thread and compare notes as the user rights back. BTW..my appologies for the above thread. Had a bad day and this added to my frustration. I vented on a Forum! Appreciate your help!