Sign in to follow this  
Guest coops

Asx Weather Over Ocean

Guest ashwath
Jim, I tried this. This brough back my winds within flight but I am still not getting the correct weather for my destination. I turned off routing ioptions and I no longer set up a route in ASX. I tried that and weather is improving but I the destination is always whatever it wants to be. There is another recent Thread called "ASX Weather and FS Weather Different " on this site. This person is having the exact same problem I am with ASX. I have replied there as well with the GLOBAL vs Specific Station phenomenon I reported earlier. I believe this is key to solving the problem and I wonder if FSUPIC4.4 (unregistered) is interfering with ASX updating the sim correctly. Please read that thread and compare notes as the user rights back. BTW..my appologies for the above thread. Had a bad day and this added to my frustration. I vented on a Forum! Appreciate your help!
hi coops,alright...let me nudge in...it doesn't matter whether i fly in global mode or station based mode or over land or over water i still get weather at all areas (even in between stations)...the reason being i use only Active Sky and FSX no other add-on program like FSUIPC, etc. which definitely creates conflicts. so the best option would be to remove FSUPIC completely (remove it, trash it and clean the registry); if necessary do a completer re-install of Active Sky and FSX without FSUIPC...this should take away most problems. as far as other minor problems are concerned such as unusual wind shifts, cloud popping, OOM,etc. there is a patch being worked on down the line. peace.regards,Ashwath.

FSUIPC will not interfere with ASX or ASA in anyway as long as all weather options are switched off in the registered version of FSUIPC4. The free version of FSUIPC4 doesn't do anything as regards wind smoothing so you have nothing to worry about there.You also dont have to touch the registry to remove FSUIPC from your system, it doesn't touch the registry anyway. To uninstall FSUIPC4 all you have to do is remove the file FSUIPC4.dll from the modules folder which is inside the main FSX folder.

Cheers, Andy.

Guest coops

Yes my next move was to remove FSUIPC4.4 from my environment. I also believe this is causing conflict. Something is changing my weather after ASX sets it and the only other thing with this capability is FSUPIC. I use the unregistered version and have tried "Shutting off all weather" but it has not helped. I am getting weather in between stations now that I have remove Wind Data Smoothing but my destination weather is always something random. BTW..I am using ASX and NOT ASA. Andydigital may be right but it's the only variable left to try. I also use Radar Contact but I can't see why this would interfere with weatehr but now that I think about it, RC requires FSUIPC so I guess I can't remove it unless I want to give that up. How the heck is this working for other people?I have ASX (patch v 4) with Win XP (SP2) and FSX patched with SP1 and SP2 (not accel). I have FSUIPC4.4 (unregistered) and I use Radar contact on the side. I use Win XP firewall and I have insured that FSX and ASX have access to the network. The paths specified to those exe's are correct. I have no antivirus program on my system.I have a relatively high end computer.Given the above specs does anyone find themselves in the same situtaion where they had to remove FSUIPC4.4 in order to get this to work. I would really hate to give up Radar Contact!

I can guarantee you if you are using the unregistered version of FSUIPC it wont touch the weather in FSX at all. The only weather option in FSUIPC unregistered is to send a command to clear all the weather to the default standard i.e. 15C 1013mb CAVOK

Cheers, Andy.

Guest coops

Why would they have the option to turn off the weather settings if it were not toucking it in the first place?

Please do remind me then what weather options (other than one you mention) you can find in the unregistered version of FSUIPC4.

Cheers, Andy.

Guest coops
Please do remind me then what weather options (other than one you mention) you can find in the unregistered version of FSUIPC4.
Not at home right now but if memory serves me correctly:Turn Weather setting offClear all weatherSet Default Weather

Turn weather settings off is a redundant menu option in the free version of FSUIPC4 (i.e. the FSX version, FS9 has another version called FSUIPC3) the option is there and you can probably select it but it doesn't do anything. Weather smoothing and control facilities are only included in the paid for version of FSUIPC4.The other 2 options do pretty much the same thing as they both should set the weather to 15C 1013mb CAVOK regardless of which weather program injected the weather into FSX in the first place i.e. they clear the weather created by the default FSX weather engine or engines like ASA or REX etc.

Cheers, Andy.

Guest coops

Understood. How do you explain the Global weather being set to ASX weather and the specific weather stations being set to the standard default weather after a bit? Why wouldn't ASX update both?

Sorry cant comment as I wasn't part of the beta team during ASX development.

Cheers, Andy.

Guest coops
Sorry cant comment as I wasn't part of the beta team during ASX development.
I assume ASA works the same in this area. It is the fundamental communication between ASX/ASA and FSX. I doubt that has changed.

Hi All,I have posted a request in another thread about this issue.Thanks,