Sign in to follow this  
DKBlood

Pmdg 747-400x (fsx Version)

So I bought and installed the PMDG 747 for FSX today. Everything works fine except the enternal display. Half of the aircraft has its livery/texture but the other half is see through, like I can see the seats and all. I looked at this page:http://ops.precisionmanuals.com/wiki/PMDG_747-400X_FAQ#The_aircraft_model_is_a_see_through_skeleton and I tried uninstalling the 747,FSX, and all my other add-ons. Nothing seems to work!

Welcome to the forum! Please sign your posts with your real name - it is a requirement on this forum.To help you further please supply your complete system specs and give us an idea of what other add-ons you are using. Generally speaking re-installing, especially FSX itself, is a measure of very last resort. Konrad

Konrad

Welcome to the forum! Please sign your posts with your real name - it is a requirement on this forum.To help you further please supply your complete system specs and give us an idea of what other add-ons you are using. Generally speaking re-installing, especially FSX itself, is a measure of very last resort. Konrad
Im using the Wilco 737, CLS A300-600R, Abacus 787, Overland Boeing AircraftsAs for my computer specs: Processor: Inter® Pentium® 4 CPU 2.40GHZMemory:256 MB RamDirect X Version: DirectX 9.0cGraphics Card: Geforce4 MX 440 with AGP8XDAC Type: Integrated RAMDACHope that helpsJames

Although not recommended, a single core P4 might work but your memory (256Mb) doesn't sound right, is that video ram or system ram? You should have 1Gb or greater per the product minimum system specifications for the 747XAlthough not mentioned, the Wilco product is known to corrupt the dll.xml file in FSX. There is a topic on it in the PMDG Ops section. Usually this causes a failure to load. Your problem sounds like a video card/driver issue - something different than the xml problem.I have ran the 747X with a P4 but it was 3Ghz and I had 2Gb RAM.

Dan Downs KCRP

Although not recommended, a single core P4 might work but your memory (256Mb) doesn't sound right, is that video ram or system ram? You should have 1Gb or greater per the product minimum system specifications for the 747XAlthough not mentioned, the Wilco product is known to corrupt the dll.xml file in FSX. There is a topic on it in the PMDG Ops section. Usually this causes a failure to load. Your problem sounds like a video card/driver issue - something different than the xml problem.I have ran the 747X with a P4 but it was 3Ghz and I had 2Gb RAM.
Is there a way to fix this problem?James

Please verify your system memory. Is it really 256Mb?

Dan Downs KCRP

Please verify your system memory. Is it really 256Mb?
On DXDIAG, it's just Memory:256, on my local disc(C Drive) It's 4GBJames

On DXDIAG, it's just Memory:256, on my local disc(C Drive) It's 4GBJames
You could probably install more Ram[pretty cheap] also maybe upgrade your video card,I would be interested to know how FSX runs for you in general? Hows your FPS?

You could probably install more Ram[pretty cheap] also maybe upgrade your video card,I would be interested to know how FSX runs for you in general? Hows your FPS?
I can run FSX smoothly, my fps on high graphics,scenery is 15-40 FPS

I am amazed.Definitely get more ram... it's the least expensive add-on right now. At least 1Gb or 2Gb if you are so inclined. Going over 2Gb with a 32b OS opens a different can of worms, workable but maybe not worth it.

Dan Downs KCRP

I am amazed.Definitely get more ram... it's the least expensive add-on right now. At least 1Gb or 2Gb if you are so inclined. Going over 2Gb with a 32b OS opens a different can of worms, workable but maybe not worth it.
So getting more ram will fix the problem?

I don't know of anyway to rule out your limited memory as the problem; however, the minimum system requirements published by PMDG for the 747x is 1Gb. Your memory is the absolute minimum requirement for FSX according to what is on the box.

Dan Downs KCRP

I found this @ the PMDG web site,pretty interesting info concerning Vista OS,not sure if you have Vista or not.But I believe the Gforce MX vid card to be pretty old and weak,I think I had one in my 6yr old Sony P4,Not meant as an insult but how old is your pc and have you ever upgraded any of your components?as I think that MX card is stock. Check this out.........http://ops.precisionmanuals.com/wiki/747-4...mp;_PerformanceAso found this as min sys.req......Mininimum - 3GHz or multi-core processor, 1GB RAM, WinXP SP2/VistaBest Performance - Dual or Quad Core Processor, 2GB RAM, 512MB Gfx Card, WinXP SP2MS FSX with Service Pack 1 (or later) installedFSX Standard or Professional Only, must have Service Pack 1 (or later) Installed109MB$79.99

I found this @ the PMDG web site,pretty interesting info cocerning Vista OS,not sure if you have Vista or not.But I believe the Gforce MX vid card to be pretty old and weak,I think I had one in my 6yr old Sony P4,Not meant as an insult but how old is your pc and have you ever upgraded any of your components?as I think that MX card is stock. Check this out.........http://ops.precisionmanuals.com/wiki/747-4...mp;_Performance
7 Year Old Computer. im getting a new computer soon. Do you think that'll solve the problem

Yeah,A new PC would probably run things alot smoother,but for a few$ you could upgrade what you have now to get you by till you get your new pc. :(