Sign in to follow this  
Guest danc444

757 Load Editor

Guest danc444

After manually installing the 757 per John's instructions everything worked except the load manager. Something about not being able to find the installation path to fs9. I searched for a solution to this and found the john's registry fix, which I tried. Now I get the following error message: 757 load editor.exe has stopped working.As I'm not experienced with rwriting to the registry, I wonder if I did something wrong.This is the load_edit_fix.reg file I ran:Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Microsoft Games] [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator][HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator\9.0]"EXE Path"="C:\\Program Files(x86)\\Microsoft Games\\Flight Simulator 9" Please help.Thanks.

After manually installing the 757 per John's instructions everything worked except the load manager. Something about not being able to find the installation path to fs9. I searched for a solution to this and found the john's registry fix, which I tried. Now I get the following error message: 757 load editor.exe has stopped working.As I'm not experienced with rwriting to the registry, I wonder if I did something wrong.This is the load_edit_fix.reg file I ran:Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Microsoft Games] [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator][HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator\9.0]"EXE Path"="C:\\Program Files(x86)\\Microsoft Games\\Flight Simulator 9" Please help.Thanks.
Please sign your name - its - nice to konw who we are talking to.There are two diferent reg fixes for two separate issues with 777/757 and you may have mixed things up. For your "installation path" error, we recommended using the Flight One registry repair tool. Go to the Flight 1 software web site to the Free File Library and download and run the FSX/FS9 Registry Repair Tool. That should drop in the correct installation path.Any problems,do post back here.RegardsJohn

Guest danc444

My name is Dan and thanks again.Did I screw anything up by running the file I did?Meantime, I'll try the Flight1 solution.

Please sign your name - its - nice to konw who we are talking to.There are two diferent reg fixes for two separate issues with 777/757 and you may have mixed things up. For your "installation path" error, we recommended using the Flight One registry repair tool. Go to the Flight 1 software web site to the Free File Library and download and run the FSX/FS9 Registry Repair Tool. That should drop in the correct installation path.Any problems,do post back here.RegardsJohn

Guest danc444

Ok, I ran the flight1 fix and still get the following message: "757 load editor.exe has stopped working""A probem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available."So I took another copy of the load editor. exe from my other machine (that is working fine) and copied it to the pss folder and I still get the same message. So it doesn't appear that file corruption is the problem.Any ideas?

Ok, I ran the flight1 fix and still get the following message: "757 load editor.exe has stopped working""A probem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available."So I took another copy of the load editor. exe from my other machine (that is working fine) and copied it to the pss folder and I still get the same message. So it doesn't appear that file corruption is the problem.Any ideas?
Dan, I have never seen the message"757 load editor.exe has stopped working" before suspect its something between the LE exe file and the PSS files. Referring to your previous post, what file did you "run"? Also, did you make a registry back up before you ran the file {just in case}? Let me know and I will try and work out what happened.John

Guest danc444

This is the load_edit_fix.reg file I ran:Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Microsoft Games] [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator][HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator\9.0]"EXE Path"="C:\\Program Files(x86)\\Microsoft Games\\Flight Simulator 9" And sadly, I didn,t make I didn't make a registry backup. Not sure how, frankly.

This is the load_edit_fix.reg file I ran:Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Microsoft Games] [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator][HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator\9.0]"EXE Path"="C:\\Program Files(x86)\\Microsoft Games\\Flight Simulator 9" And sadly, I didn,t make I didn't make a registry backup. Not sure how, frankly.

Dan,Thanks - that programme is our old friend REGEDIT for manually changing the registry (and for backing up - go FILE - EXPORT).Firstly, I have assumed that you are on Win Xp. If not, ignore everything I say below and we will start again if you are Vista.Some thoughts if you are XP:1. Was the entry you modified {at HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator\9.0} the only change that you made?2. If so, look at the value that you quote:"EXE Path"="C:\\Program Files(x86)\\Microsoft Games\\Flight Simulator 9" Check that your C:\programme files folder is actually named "Programme files (x86)? Also that the main FS9 folderis within this folder and is named "Flight Simulator 9"?Also, why the double backslash (\\) in the value. I do not have that in mine and have never seen it before. That said, I have changed mine and it made no difference!Finally, have you considered a system restore to before you changed the registry but do a quick back up first.John

Guest danc444

Fortunatley, Santa brought me a new powerful machine. Unfortunately, it was riddled with Vista instead of XP. I don't think I'd be having any of these issues with XP.As far as the double backslash, they were the result of my trying to follow your instructions to a StevenP in a trhread that began on July 17, 2008 entitles "757 load manager problem". The specific reply from you was posted on July 23rd.With respect to your other observations, I'll wait and see if they still apply now that you know I'm running Vista 64.Thanks,Dan

Dan,Thanks - that programme is our old friend REGEDIT for manually changing the registry (and for backing up - go FILE - EXPORT).Firstly, I have assumed that you are on Win Xp. If not, ignore everything I say below and we will start again if you are Vista.Some thoughts if you are XP:1. Was the entry you modified {at HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator\9.0} the only change that you made?2. If so, look at the value that you quote:"EXE Path"="C:\\Program Files(x86)\\Microsoft Games\\Flight Simulator 9" Check that your C:\programme files folder is actually named "Programme files (x86)? Also that the main FS9 folderis within this folder and is named "Flight Simulator 9"?Also, why the double backslash (\\) in the value. I do not have that in mine and have never seen it before. That said, I have changed mine and it made no difference!Finally, have you considered a system restore to before you changed the registry but do a quick back up first.John

Fortunatley, Santa brought me a new powerful machine. Unfortunately, it was riddled with Vista instead of XP. I don't think I'd be having any of these issues with XP.As far as the double backslash, they were the result of my trying to follow your instructions to a StevenP in a trhread that began on July 17, 2008 entitles "757 load manager problem". The specific reply from you was posted on July 23rd.With respect to your other observations, I'll wait and see if they still apply now that you know I'm running Vista 64.Thanks,Dan
Dan,Ah ......... Sorry. I f you look carefully at that thread, you will see that I was merely copying the solution from another post I have never had Vista, let alone the 64 bit version.I guess that you diidn't first use the the TweakFS tool as suggested in para 1 of the post?I wonder if you can get back to the original state as per XP - is there system rstore facility in Vista?John

Dan,Ah ......... Sorry. I f you look carefully at that thread, you will see that I was merely copying the solution from another post I have never had Vista, let alone the 64 bit version.I guess that you diidn't first use the the TweakFS tool as suggested in para 1 of the post?I wonder if you can get back to the original state as per XP - is there system rstore facility in Vista?John
Dan,Also remembered this:You get this error if one of the 757 aircraft folders is misnamed or missing. Check that you have all 6 757 aircraft folders and that they correctly named. John

Guest danc444

Yeah there is a system restore feature in Vista 64 I ran it and seem to be back to the beginning. So let me ask you this question: Under the assumption the load manger can't find the path again after I install the 757, should I run the TweakFS or the Flight1 version? And where do I find the Tweak, in these libraries?ThanksDan

Yeah there is a system restore feature in Vista 64 I ran it and seem to be back to the beginning. So let me ask you this question: Under the assumption the load manger can't find the path again after I install the 757, should I run the TweakFS or the Flight1 version? And where do I find the Tweak, in these libraries?ThanksDan
Dan,Good - we're on the way. Sounds as though you are right back to the begining and have to re-install the 757 - don't forget the file voronoi.dat and the PSS fonts.The TweakFS and Flight1 utilities should do the same thing but you can get the former from here:http://www.tweakfs.com/store/free_tools.phpas that has been shown to work with Vista I should give it a go.Good LuckJohn

Guest danc444

John,I followed the Tweak link and saw it was for tweakfs for fsx. Since I run both fsx and fs9 should I look for an fs9 version as well and install both?Thanks.Dan

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.