Sign in to follow this  
Guest danc444

757 Load Editor

Guest crash_geh

At the risk of beating this dead horse silly (can you do that?). This fix is also for Win XP Pro x64 (not just Vista). Same problem as alluded to before. Just making the point for those searching...like I was until I stumbled on this fix. Thanks to all for all their perseverance to get this one solved! Domo arigato,George

Guest avs21

Errol here, thanks for the fix though for XP users the path needs to be modified and renamed as follows under the EXE Path:C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator 9\remove the (x86) after Microsoft GamesThe (x86) looks to be for vista users, but for the exception I mentioned, the load/fuel editors will work perfectly.

I made the requisite changes in regedit and the load config program gets past the path issue, but now I'm getting, "Cannot open Aircraft.cfg file". Thoughts?Window 7 - 64 bit.Cody

Posted Today, 02:01 PM  16-01-2014
hello My name is Peter B. I 'm from Amsterdam Netherlands been a simmer for 30yrs now even had FS5. 

So I had on my previous PC WIN-XP and FS9 on C:\program files\etc\etc\FS9 (default path) now I have a new PC with WIN7 64K  Here I installed FS9 on a seperate partition D:\FS9 In short everything and all add-ons ( FS Global  World Airports ,  I have not so many add-ons) work absolute no problems My PSS B-757 works no problems exept for the well known  issue with the  Load Editor.. on running it says    cannot locate FS9 installation path 

100ds of forum pages are on this subject. But they all come with a solution to change the registry entry of  FS9  to a different location   quote hereunder :      please read further after the quote
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Posted 09 January 2009 - 05:11 PM
I went for it, edited the registry, and it worked. Thanks for all your help.In case anyone else has the issue, here's what I did:
1) To HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft I added a key called Microsoft Games.
2) To HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Microsoft Games I added a key called Flight Simulator.
3) To HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator I added a key called 9.0.
4) Then I right-clicked on the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator\9.0 and selected New    then String Value and name it EXE Path.
5) Finally, I right clicked on EXE Path and selected Modify and typed in C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Flight    Simulator 9\ and voila it worked.Thanks for all your help.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Just flight and PSS have issued patches and updates to change the path to whereever one chooses through a browse button
I;ve done that many times now  but still the PSS B-757 load editor wont run  It will not search for the correct FS9 installation path nor will it use the new entries in the registry.  The key point in my question is that my FS9 is not in the default path as given when installing but on D:\FS9   I've been searching all fora now for the last week but I cannot find a solution. Is there anyone who has experience in this and could indicate whether or not I have to edit the registry myself and what keys I  have to change then or is there another solution   I don 't wanna mess up my registry
many thanks in advance for any help from anyone
Peter Bootes    I54430   GTX650   8DRAM   WIN7-64k

LOAD EDITOR IS WORKING    what I did

- I uninstalled PSS B757   >  Control Panel  -  programs

- I executed   FLIGHT1   :  FS9 Registry repair tool

- I  reinstalled PSS B757    

Plane , Fuel planner  and  Load editor  all working

I went for it, edited the registry, and it worked. Thanks for all your help.In case anyone else has the issue, here's what I did:1) To HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft I added a key called Microsoft Games.2) To HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Microsoft Games I added a key called Flight Simulator.3) To HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator I added a key called 9.0.4) Then I right-clicked on the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator\9.0 and selected New then String Value and name it EXE Path.5) Finally, I right clicked on EXE Path and selected Modify and typed in C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator 9\ and voila it worked.Thanks for all your help. You were very patient.BTW, I'm in the US eastern time zone. Florida to be exact.

It worked for me! Thanks for taking the time to post your solution. Chris.

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.