Sign in to follow this  
flyinjoe

Asa Temps Are All Wrong....

The temps that ASA is giving to FSX appear to be way off the mark. I took a flight this morning where the real life outside temps were 21 degrees (F) and ASA was giving a FSX a reading of 45 degrees. For test purposes, I loaded the same time\weather using ASX and it gave FSX the correct temps.

Hi,Were you flying at the time or on the ground?Where were you located?Thanks,

It didn't matter. The temps were wrong when I was on the ground and in the air. It was just a quick test flight leaving KLBE (in Pennsylvania), runway 23 and flying to KPIT (VOR 112.00).

I had that same problemFlying FSX- going thru FL180 I notice the the Outside temp was at +45 degrees, this happen on 50% of my flights, but when I got to cruse alt, it drop down to normal -13 more or less.RonAAL649Great program, waiting for patch. No big deal using ASX until

this happened to me for the first time yesterday. i was climbing out of cyyj and noticed that my outside temp was +77F while i was at FL20. i'm fairly certain that it was correct when i first started takeoff, but i wasn't watching the temp gauge that closely so i'm not sure if it started gradually dropping or just switched to a lower value or what. i hit the 'refresh' button in ASA and after a minute it dropped back to a more expected -12F. i'll keep my eye on it to see if it happens again.cheers,-andy crosby

Hi All,I just tried to reproduce this by going to each location and slewing up and down and temps were correct each time.How can I reproduce this?Thanks,

Hey Jim, I encountered it using historical wx and blamed it on that. Climbing out I was at about 20K and it was really sluggish. Looked and the OAT was 88F. December 14, 2008 2200Z - Departed KHOU, flew south over Galveston at 3000 then east toward New Orleans. Climbing through 20,000 is where I noticed it. Haven't tried to repeat it so not sure if it was time/location based.Only happened that once for me. Eddie

Eddie
KABQ

Guest lezec17
Hi All,I just tried to reproduce this by going to each location and slewing up and down and temps were correct each time.How can I reproduce this?Thanks,
Try any airport in Australia always WRONG! Wind, Dir. of the wind and Temp. Wrong, Wrong, Wrong. I don't ask for any more tech support because I didn't got any. This is my last FSX pay add on except FTX . (Why shoud I pay for add ons if I can get them for free) I try to support developers, but they don't care. ( No tech. support whatsoever. )

Guest Eislinger

Just from my start and having it less than 24 hrs I do find the temps in ASA are in C vs F and based upon my search are correct with the conversions. Is there a way to change from Metric to English?Paul

Guest Buzz313th
Try any airport in Australia always WRONG! Wind, Dir. of the wind and Temp. Wrong, Wrong, Wrong. I don't ask for any more tech support because I didn't got any. This is my last FSX pay add on except FTX . (Why shoud I pay for add ons if I can get them for free) I try to support developers, but they don't care. ( No tech. support whatsoever. )
Edited to remove piracy comments.I bought both ASX and ASA. ASX temps at station elevation are correct, but the adiabatic lapse rate is all screwed up. I get a simulation of an inversion layer, then the temps start to drop above the simulated inversion layer. Now ASA is a different story, it just rolls the dice and gives random weather when it should be matching the station weather, or, I just get no change at all.I'm sure HiFi is working on a patch, since thier replies have been more of diverting the actual issues than giving any answers...JB

Hi lez,I went to YMML and everything was spot on using ASA and FS9.Thanks,Jim

I may be totally wrong here but I have the impression that most people who switch from one airport to another to check the weather and think there is a problem are actually misled by ASA's weather smoothing option. It actually takes some time for the weather to settle at the right values.Just my 2 cents

KInd regards

Jean-Paul

I7 8700K / Fractal Design Celsius S24 watercooling / ASRock Z370 Extreme4 motherboard / Corsair 32GB 3200mhz DDR4 / INNO3D iChiLL GeForce GTX 1080 Ti X3 / Samsung SSD 960 EVO M.2 PCIe NVMe 500GB / Seasonic-SSR-850FX power supply / Fractal Design Define R5 Black case / AOC Q3279VWF 32″ 2560x1440 monitor / Benq GL2450 24″ 1920x1080 monitor / Track-IR 4

Guest lezec17
This looks to you like spot on? All wrong. I use FSX.Thanks 1231223073.jpg1231205748.jpg

This looks to you like spot on? All wrong. I use FSX.Thanks 1231223073.jpg1231205748.jpg
Active date and time : 7/1/2009 - 08:01.... ???? Isn't there something wrong here ? No wonder your METAR looks strange.Just set the right time and date on your PC and things should improve... I think you got a bit over excited for nothing....

KInd regards

Jean-Paul

I7 8700K / Fractal Design Celsius S24 watercooling / ASRock Z370 Extreme4 motherboard / Corsair 32GB 3200mhz DDR4 / INNO3D iChiLL GeForce GTX 1080 Ti X3 / Samsung SSD 960 EVO M.2 PCIe NVMe 500GB / Seasonic-SSR-850FX power supply / Fractal Design Define R5 Black case / AOC Q3279VWF 32″ 2560x1440 monitor / Benq GL2450 24″ 1920x1080 monitor / Track-IR 4