Sign in to follow this  
pipper

Basic Asa Setup Questions

Hi Jim and the Hi Fi Team:I have owned every version of active sky, even the free one years back and have recently purchased the ASA for FS9 version. I only use FS9. I am completely bewildered by the ASA setup as regards use of add on scenery enhancing products. I am seeking blow by blow instructions on exactly HOW to add the following-1. GE Pro2. FE From the instructions I have read so far, it seems this is done via snapshots. Is this correct? Does ASA keep the settings for every flight we do as in AS6.5? Why do we need multiple snapshots at all if it does keep the settings? I look forward to using ASA and I know it will only improve as time goes on. I just want to get started!Kind thanks.......Jswier

Hi,Thanks for your support since the beginning!For GEP ASA almost works the same as with ASv6.5. You process a plan and then you click on the GEP icon. Based on the plans weather GEP will install its ground textures. So for that no Snapshots are needed.For FE: Submit a texture set to FS, with FS closed. Then use ASA and take a Snapshot. Then submit another texture set and take another Snapshot. Keep doing this until you feel you have enough Snapshots.ASA will not submit textures to FS until you tell it to. So if you don't submit new textures, the last set in FS will be used.Thanks,

Thanks Jim for the usual FAST reply (this is why I will forever buy AS applications)I guess what I am not understanding is the need for multiple snapshots. If I understand you correctly, I load up FE, and submit my usual textures. I tend to use one or two sets as I really enjoy these particular ones. Assuming I use set A, I then submit the 8 textures to FS. Then, I take a snapshot of them in ASA. So far so good. But you said take multiple snapshots. If I only use set A, then why the need for multiple snappers? Must I load set A snapshot every time I want to use ASA? It sounds like you said I didn't need to but I want to get this right. Kind thanks again.......Jswier

Hi,More Snapshots you setup and take, the more variety of Snapshots you can chose from or have ASA chose from using Wx Influenced textures.If you have just 2 favorite sets, then take snaps using those 2 and you can switch back and forth when you want and not use FE to do this.Thanks,