Sign in to follow this  
Guest Buzz313th

Problems With Asx And Asa After Install Of Asa

Guest Buzz313th

I purchased ASX about a few months ago and everything seemed to work perfectly. Just a week ago I purchased ASA. After instalation of ASA my ASX and ASA don't work consistently. Few of the issues I have seen.1. The adiabatic lapse rate actually is reversed. As I climb, the OAT gets warmer.2. Sometimes the weather in FSX does not reflect what ASA/ASX shows at the stations.3. The OAT in FSX does not match the OAT at the station within ASX/ASA.4. By selecting the world/weather menu inside FSX and then merely clicking OK without changing anything, will sometimes correct any inconsistancies, but this method is short lived, as FSX will start to show the wrong weather again.I have read a thread somewhere that someone had these issues and they reinstalled FSX and everything worked fine afterward. Please, don't tell me this is my only option. Please tell me that you guys know why things are a little screwed up and that you are working on a fix...JB

Guest Buzz313th

Bump anyone from HiFi?JB

Hi,We state 24 hour response times, so 90 minutes is not too long. We do our best to answer a few times per day, if possible.1. Where are you reading OATs from?2. A specific example? How far from a station were you?3. Same as #1? The default panels all read TAT not OAT.4. Yes, that forces FSX to display one stations weather, but ASX/ASA uses a blending process when you are located between stations. So the weather you see in FS may not be exactly what AS is reporting the closest weather station conditions to be.Please let us know.Thanks,

Guest Buzz313th
Hi,We state 24 hour response times, so 90 minutes is not too long. We do our best to answer a few times per day, if possible.1. Where are you reading OATs from?2. A specific example? How far from a station were you?3. Same as #1? The default panels all read TAT not OAT.4. Yes, that forces FSX to display one stations weather, but ASX/ASA uses a blending process when you are located between stations. So the weather you see in FS may not be exactly what AS is reporting the closest weather station conditions to be.Please let us know.Thanks,
1. OAT is being read from the OAT gauge, the weather menu, my GNS, etc, etc... so it's not an operator error.2. Ontop of the station... 3. The aircraft was stationary on the ground... so TAT = OAT... as well as the weather menu confirmed this.4. Ok, so if I don't goto the weather menu and click "OK", then I get all wrong information. Look... I have spent the last 3 days doing multiple static tests with ASA after the initial instalation, and I am now convinced after the tests, that you have pre-released a early beta version of ASA just to meet the Xmas market. I have done everything I can to get both ASX ands ASA to work as ASX did before I installed ASA. All I need you to do is explain to me what needs to happen to get ASA to comunicate with FSXsp2. If HiFi is aware of possible comunication problems with the software, please let us know, and we will wait for your release version. As of right now, I am a pretty dissapointed customer and would like some honest feedback to make me believe that my purchase was not a waste of money...JB

Hi,You can see that this is the first report of OAT issues and you can search back to the day of release so if it is a bug, this is the first report of this.Which default plane are you using so we can try and reproduce.If there is an issue we'll look into it.Thanks,