Sign in to follow this  
Guest pfrank

Grand Forks Ai

Guest pfrank

Hi All!Installed Mark Heimer's (grand_forks_afb.zip) scenery. I'm using the fp's provided with the package for project_ai's kc-135r model. My problem is only one tanker shows up tail#71440. I installed everything as per instructions,checked and rechecked but no luck. I also tried some tng's but these aircraft don't show up either. Uninstalled scenery, created parking spots and fps for stock airport but again nothing. I searched this and other forums for an answer but was unable to find anything. Perhaps someone here can help. Thank You Pete

Hi All!Installed Mark Heimer's (grand_forks_afb.zip) scenery. I'm using the fp's provided with the package for project_ai's kc-135r model. My problem is only one tanker shows up tail#71440. I installed everything as per instructions,checked and rechecked but no luck. I also tried some tng's but these aircraft don't show up either. Uninstalled scenery, created parking spots and fps for stock airport but again nothing. I searched this and other forums for an answer but was unable to find anything. Perhaps someone here can help. Thank You Pete
Hi Pete -I just downloaded and installed the package - works fine for me as you can see in the attached screenshot.What I did was to unzip the package to a temporary folder first.Then I created a new folder and named it Grand Forks AFB KRDR and placed the scenery folder the author provided into it - rather than dump everything into the default scenery /scenery folder. I put the traffic file in to the scenery subfolder of GF AFB also. The I added the Grand Forks AFB KRDR to my Addon scenery folder and activated it in the Scenery Library. That process makes it much easier to remove it later on if you so desire.-The aircraft folder tells you to add the textures to the PAI K35R folder - that is fine. The potential problem is adding the text (the variations) to the existing PAI K35R aircraft.cfg file. I suspect you have one or more duplicate [fltsim.?] numbers.No other aircraft will display if you do, so that is what I would very carefully check first.I already had a number of variations for this aircraft so it took some time to add the GF ones and set the numbers correctly - in sequential order.I set my airline traffic slider to 75% while I was testing.Hope this helps.

Guest pfrank
Hi Pete -I just downloaded and installed the package - works fine for me as you can see in the attached screenshot.What I did was to unzip the package to a temporary folder first.Then I created a new folder and named it Grand Forks AFB KRDR and placed the scenery folder the author provided into it - rather than dump everything into the default scenery /scenery folder. I put the traffic file in to the scenery subfolder of GF AFB also. The I added the Grand Forks AFB KRDR to my Addon scenery folder and activated it in the Scenery Library. That process makes it much easier to remove it later on if you so desire.-The aircraft folder tells you to add the textures to the PAI K35R folder - that is fine. The potential problem is adding the text (the variations) to the existing PAI K35R aircraft.cfg file. I suspect you have one or more duplicate [fltsim.?] numbers.No other aircraft will display if you do, so that is what I would very carefully check first.I already had a number of variations for this aircraft so it took some time to add the GF ones and set the numbers correctly - in sequential order.I set my airline traffic slider to 75% while I was testing.Hope this helps.
Hi OpaChecked and rechecked everything very carefully. All seems to be in order. I install the sceneries the same way you do, except for the traffic files which I place into scenery/world/scenery. Always worked before. Here is what I did now. Replaced parking types/codes with different ones, wrote some flightplans and everything is ok. Would like to Thank You very much for Your assistance.Pete