Sign in to follow this  
Vulcan

Weird problem with CH Pro Pedal USB

The rudder became sluggish and after centering it starts to move slowly a little to the left.Sometimes with a strong kick it centers quickly but after few movements become sluggish again going slowly to the left.This occurs in any Flight Sim loaded or via Windows > Game Controllers > Properties.I had this problem a year ago but I don

Hamilton Müller

Hamilton,That is a strange problem, and while I haven't expereicned exactly what you describe, I have had other "irregularities" with my CH Pro Pedals USB and Flight Sim Yoke USB setup. I also have a MS Sidewinder joystick connected to the game port, and am curious if you have any additional joysticks or throttle connections connected at the time. Sometimes for me this causes conflicting inputs on different axis (usually the pedals). I suspect on my setup this is because my joystick is an older gameport connection while the yoke & pedals are USB. Also, from time to time the pedals will quit responding entirely and my fix is to unplug and reconnect the usb plug for the pedals, which always seems to fix the problem.So reply and let me know if disconnecing and reconnecting the usb plug fixes the problem, and also if you have any other controllers connected, particularly older gameport style joysticks, etc.(sorry this wasn't an exact solution for your problem, but maybe it can help somehow.)John Bumgarner

Hi John,I have only the CH FlightSim Yoke with the Pedals.I tried to disconnect and connect, formatt HD ,deinstall the Pedal drivers, all without success.Hamilton

Hamilton Müller

Hi HamiltonI have a CH yoke, throttle, pedals and a VIA chipset and everything works fine but, sometime ago I had a problem with the pedals. It moves to the left.The only way I found to fix the problem was:Unistall ALL CH drivers;Delete ALL CH files;Make a backup of your Registry and;Go to the registry (regedit) and DELETE all entries, keys and anything with CH name on it.Reboot and install yout yoke and pedals.It worked for me.Hope the same for you.RegardsC.M.G.

Hi C.M.G."sometime ago I had a problem with the pedals. It moves to the left."Exactly my problem ,besides it moves too slow sometimes.Well I

Hamilton Müller

My Joystick, a Wingman, has a "twist" rudder function and after adding my CH-Pro pedals, I could not find a way to disable the rudder axis on the joystick and so essentially, I had two controllers (CH Pedals and Joystick) talking to the same axis.Deleting the axis within FS2002Pro did not help; it came back.Deleting the axis was not possible in the Wingman configuration driver.What I discovered, was a "Twist" lock-down that needed a screwdriver tightening to disable the joystick half of the equation. This may not help, but is certainly won't hurt to remember if you have a joystick, you likely have two different inputs to the rudder axis, which is not as God intended. ;-)

I too have the same problem in FS2002 with my CH Pro Prdals.I think there is a CH driver remover at their website www.chproducts.comTry using that and reinstalling the drivers. It might help.The other option, and the one I most often use, is to open up modulesFSIUPC while in FS, and go to the joystick tab and callibrate the pedals from there. Of course you need FSIUPC installed on your PC (search for it in AVSIM's library).Hope this helps,CF-AOA

Hamilton:I had problems for 1 to 2 years with my CH Pro USB pedals of the rudder moving to the left, slowly or fast, hard-overing to left, etc., I did everything imaginable from making registry entries in Windows 98 to calling CH, calling DELL, fiddling with FSUIPC till I was blue in the face, using utilities to wipe the drivers clear and do a reinstal, changing port sockets on the PC, and taking Valium, and nothing ever proved to be a lasting fix. Musta spent 30 hours trying to fix things. I posted here several times and got informative posts and advice but nada, zero, zip. When I migrated to Windows XP Home Ed on my new P4, the pedals worked brilliantly....for a week. Then they started hard-overing or shifting to the left. I quietly packed up the pedals and bought a MS FFB 2 stick that works well 97% of the time. I loved the CH Yoke USB but the pedals marred it for me. I believe my pedals were probably physically defective and I couldn't deal with any more tech support or fiddling. So they are now history.I know quite a number of other folks have had left-over (!) problems like me with their CH USB setups. You may or may not find a cure for your problem. I hope you do and that it sticks. But my next pedals will be something different (!)JS

Hi CF-AOA,"I think there is a CH driver remover at their website http://www.chproducts.com"Yes it's the chdelete.exe file,I did that yesterday unhappily with no success.I'll try to calibrate from FSUIPC.Thanx Hamilton

Hamilton Müller

Ah, yes, such are the risks and joys of simming. Change a card or a code, and "BANG! Eeek! What happened?!@$????"Good luck!JS

Another here who has recently had problems with CHPro Pedals (USB).Started to have problems similar to those which you describe although I couldn't try mine on another system.Some suggestions based on my experience.Install FSUIPC if you don't already have it.Go to the joysticks tab and move your pedals left and right, do you see the values in the 'in' & 'out' boxes changing evenly?If yes then I cannot help, if no does it look as if they change only when moving left or right or not at all?If that is the case then it is possible that the peg controlling the rudder pot arm has become disconnected. Now you can either send the pedals back (3 year warranty) or have a go yourself.Unplug the pedals and turn them upside down and remove all the screws from the base.Carefully ease the base from the upper part and look inside, around the centre you should be able to see a long arm with a slot in it coming from the potentiometer.NB You cannot easily separate the upper and lower parts of the pedals because of the pedals and wiring to the toe brakes.There is another wide arm running across the upper part pivoted in the middle. This arm has a small peg on it which should be engaged in the slot in the pot arm.If the peg has come out of this slot, when you move the rudder one way it will strike the side of the pot arm and cause a deflection in that direction until the arm is out of the way thus giving only, say, left deflection.If the pot arm can return to near its centre position you will keep getting some left deflection but no right deflection. If the pot arm does not return to its centre postion you will lose all rudder control.It is quite a fiddle to get the peg back into the slot but it can be done.Because this is fiddly I would try everything else first to correct the problem.HTH