Sign in to follow this  
krishcanag

Fsx Crashing

HiFor the first time today I started on long haul flights and found its only a 1.5 to 2 hours before I get a crash.The first crash is when PC was overclocked to 4.12GHz, so I took it back to default and after a bit longer another crash.Can anyone help as what I need to do?Maybe its vista problem.E8500 @ stock nowVista 64 SP1add-onsPMDG 747 (the plane I was flying)Traffic X SP1Problem signature: Problem Event Name: APPCRASH Application Name: fsx.exe Application Version: 10.0.61472.0 Application Timestamp: 475e17d3 Fault Module Name: ntdll.dll Fault Module Version: 6.0.6001.18000 Fault Module Timestamp: 4791a783 Exception Code: c0000005 Exception Offset: 000688f9 OS Version: 6.0.6001.2.1.0.768.3 Locale ID: 2057Additional information about the problem: LCID: 2057Read our privacy statement: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=501...mp;clcid=0x0409Problem signature: Problem Event Name: APPCRASH Application Name: fsx.exe Application Version: 10.0.61472.0 Application Timestamp: 475e17d3 Fault Module Name: ai_player.dll Fault Module Version: 10.0.61472.0 Fault Module Timestamp: 475e180c Exception Code: c0000005 Exception Offset: 00014f71 OS Version: 6.0.6001.2.1.0.768.3 Locale ID: 2057Additional information about the problem: LCID: 2057Read our privacy statement: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=501...mp;clcid=0x0409

For the first time today I started on long haul flights and found its only a 1.5 to 2 hours before I get a crash.
It could be a temperature problem Krish. I started having this problem as soon as I installed FSX back in 06. FSX does so much more in less time, and the production of heat is the inevitable consequence. Are you in the middle of summer now? Try taking the side covers off your box and pointing a big fan in there.Also, you may not have considered the production of heat as one of the consequences of overclocking.Mike.

Mike Beckwith

I don't think its heat, I have run stability tests on it for hours and hours and the 2nd occurance happened at stock speed. I think its more a vista problem, I have it installed on XP home and will give it a go today and see if it crashes there as well.

What video card and driver are you running?Bob

Bob

i5, 16 GB ram, GTX 960, FS on SSD, Windows 10 64 bit, home built works anyway.

What video card and driver are you running?Bob
Its in my signature, driver is the latest 180.48So far I have done this.Overclock 4.12GHzcrash on XP home and Vista 64Stock speedOnly crash on Vista 64I am wondering if my creative add-on sound card, X-Fi sound blaster may be an issue, I could load up gigabyte defualt driver and use the on board sound, but don't know if this is a good idea???Krishan

From that app crash report it looks like a problem with your traffic program. Could be one bad AI AC causing the problem or maybe your traffic settings are to high. I dunno. Thats where I would start too look.Food for thought.

Regards,

Dave Opper

HiFi Support Manager

Supportteam_BannerA.png

From that app crash report it looks like a problem with your traffic program. Could be one bad AI AC causing the problem or maybe your traffic settings are to high. I dunno. Thats where I would start too look.Food for thought.
Funny you should say that, I never ever had a crash until I installed traffic X, and my setting is 69%, which is high, you are giving me hope!!! that its not me or my parts but a useless peice of software.krishan

Drat! Sigs are so small now these old eyes can hardly read them. With my 8800GT I could not use the 180 drivers because after about an hour or so, FSX would crash every time. Went back to 178s and all was good. With my new GTX 260, I can not use the 180 drivers because of BSODs. Went back 1789s and all is good.Bob

Bob

i5, 16 GB ram, GTX 960, FS on SSD, Windows 10 64 bit, home built works anyway.

MAY HAVE!!! stumbled on the solution.Again at 4.08 GHz (slightly lower overclock) again froze after 2 hours, but this time noticed that my security package KIS had just started auto update (1%), generally I have noticed if I am doing something and auto update starts, for a few seconds I don't seem to be able to do anything on the PC. Anyway, set KIS to manual update and ran FSX with traffic X at 69% density and at overclock 4.08GHz for 4+ hours, no problem, hmm a bit too early to confirm, but this is the first time it hasn't frozen!!!krishanI will give this thread posted if it fails

Ok, ran a long haul flight london to dubai (almost) without a crash after windows update switched off, so looks like I have found the solution.Now for some reason I did have a problem over Iran which is where I ended the flight, I had selected update weather every 15 mins over internet, it started giving messges on screen saying the update failed, check your internet connection, well I did it was fine. I closed FSX, restarted at EGLL and set it back to update every 15mins, right away it downloaded the weather, so looks like either the log gets too big or there is some how a limit to how long the auto weather update can run before it fails, I wonder if anyone has managed to auto update for longer than 5 hours?