Sign in to follow this  
Alado

Solutions For Pmdg 737 -700 ?

Hello allFlying in VATSIM cannot have available the 2 radios stack on the 737-700 ? as we need to get one radio active with atc and the other number 2 for atis for example . Do you know how we can manage to have the second nav stack radio on ? 2 / When we have the external view the engines sound are so high in relation with the sound in cockpit , but apparently we cannot reduce in the vaw sound folder ? any idea to reduce it ? 3 / Approcaching airport in VATSIM OR IVAO with traffic I got 15 fps and in ground 9 fps !!! Is there any way to set something to get better frames ? with the 747 I got usually better frames ? do not understand ? 4/ TCAS : how we can have the TCAS displayed on the ND ? I have got the FSUIPC not registered ? that can be the reason ? Many thanks for your experts advises . Much obliged . RegardsPatrick hope my english enough precise ?

1. I'm not sure, but I think MSFS only provides for one COMM radio.2. Turn down volume? Did you try the MSFS Options Sounds control?3. You should get much higher fps with 737 than 747, I don't understand either.4. PMDG Options menu allows you to choose fsuipc or fs internal for tcas info.Sorry an expert wasn't available, your English is much better than my French; yeah, much better.EDIT: When flying real world single pilot, I am not embarrased to ask ATC if I leave frequency for a minute to check ATIS. They should approve a frequency change and ask only that you let them know when you are back on frequency, which I do with a quick, "Zero-Four-Quebec is back with you."

Dan Downs KCRP

Guest fencer88
1. I'm not sure, but I think MSFS only provides for one COMM radio.2. Turn down volume? Did you try the MSFS Options Sounds control?3. You should get much higher fps with 737 than 747, I don't understand either.4. PMDG Options menu allows you to choose fsuipc or fs internal for tcas info.Sorry an expert wasn't available, your English is much better than my French; yeah, much better.EDIT: When flying real world single pilot, I am not embarrased to ask ATC if I leave frequency for a minute to check ATIS. They should approve a frequency change and ask only that you let them know when you are back on frequency, which I do with a quick, "Zero-Four-Quebec is back with you."
Hello,Don't know about VATSIM but, in MSFS, you can select both VH1 AND VH2 in the radio panel (with MIC 1 selected) and can therefore listen to ATIS while monitoring (or talking on) another chanel.In real life, if you are alone in the cockpit, I agree with Dan that it probably wouldn't be a good idea (even if you radio set allowed it) since you might miss an important call while listening to the ATIS. Typically you listen to the ATIS BEFORE switching to tower (or approach) and then don't change anything unless you get permission.Regarding TCAS, my understanding is : you set it and test it (and get the message "TCAS system OK") but you won't get any info on the display unless an alarm occurs. Is that correct?BrunoLFPEps : Dan (re your French) : it's all right, we like you all the same ! (et faute avou

Hello,Don't know about VATSIM but, in MSFS, you can select both VH1 AND VH2 in the radio panel (with MIC 1 selected) and can therefore listen to ATIS while monitoring (or talking on) another chanel.In real life, if you are alone in the cockpit, I agree with Dan that it probably wouldn't be a good idea (even if you radio set allowed it) since you might miss an important call while listening to the ATIS. Typically you listen to the ATIS BEFORE switching to tower (or approach) and then don't change anything unless you get permission.Regarding TCAS, my understanding is : you set it and test it (and get the message "TCAS system OK") but you won't get any info on the display unless an alarm occurs. Is that correct?BrunoLFPEps : Dan (re your French) : it's all right, we like you all the same ! (et faute avou

HelloAnd many thanksFor TCAS in my 737 - 700 PMDG ND I don't see any aircraft at all even with traffic around in range ( fying in VATSIM AS IVAO has in own TCAS display ) .I think with the747 the traffic appears on the ND even in VATSIM Don't know where to set something somewhere ? And for frame rates ? having 2 Go memory can that be insufficient while flying in VATSIM OR IVAO ? have a graphic card GEFORCE 9400 GT 512 Mo? XP SP 3 - PENTIUM 4 - 3Ghz ? and settings in fs9 so low ? more to the left ? I believe somewhere I am missing a setting . Thanks for advisories . RegardsPatrick

AFAIK in the 737NG models, TCAS was never implemented in the -600 and -700. You had to purchase the -800 and -900 upgrade which also upgraded the -600 and -700 after installing all service packs required.

AFAIK in the 737NG models, TCAS was never implemented in the -600 and -700. You had to purchase the -800 and -900 upgrade which also upgraded the -600 and -700 after installing all service packs required.
helloOk thanks but I guess that while flying in IVAO I had the airplanes dispalyed ? I will ha ve to check that tonight when I will connect and make an IVAO fltThanks again Patrick