Sign in to follow this  
rshepherd

Wilco Crj (-200) And 737 Pic Panel Issues In Fsx

Ok.. I've been searching high and low for anyone who may have had a similar issue here and only 1 came close... Hence my post.My Machine:Core2Quad Q9550 2.83Ghz4Gb Corsair ValueselectNvidia GeForce 7950GT w 512MbTwo 80Gb Seagate SATA Barracuda's with the system on C: ...FSX + all Add-on's (Active Sky, FSBuild, etc.) installed on D:I just did a completely clean install of Vista x86 SP1 + all updates, and FSX (SP1 + SP2), FSUIPC (free Version)... ...I installed the FSX version of CRJ 2004 and the -200 model, only, does not have any displays or switches to click anywhere. Shift + 5 which brings up the overhead console only brings up a black rectangle where the overhead would be. The odd thing is that the -700 and -900 models work fine. This really stinks as I fly the -200 the most for one of my VA's... I DID re-download the installer from Wilco, uninstalled and re-installed with the new installer with no luck - Same deal...I have similar problems with the 737 PIC for FSX. It all seems to install just fine, but when I load up and get in the cockpit the MFD is dead. The panels and switches ARE there, but they are unclickable (not even a "Click" sound). :( This is consistant with ALL variants; the -300, -400, and -500. I have set FSX to load up with 2D panels first as advised in some of the Wilco forums...Anyone else run into this and figure it out? ...Scoob you out there??? :)Thanks!RobertJust as a side note... The Airbus Vol 1 worked just fine. I have yet to install Airbus Vol 2, E-jets, or the PIC ERJ-145 to see if there are issues with those...

Have you tried the unofficial PIC 737 forum?Peter Sydney Australia

Have you tried the unofficial PIC 737 forum?Peter Sydney Australia
Actually I'm glad to report that for $9.28 I went, just now, and bought the Vista/FSX upgrade for the 737PIC and it is working fine now! :) ...Ok, so I overlooked that one... :(My CRJ 2004 (-200) woes still remain though... :( ... I'm guessing that since the -700 and -900 variants work fine that this is not a Vista "thing" like for the 737PIC...So if anyone here has the CRJ-2004 (-200) issue, please post... (unless Wilco just has a bad installer on their website and needs to fix it) I have a ticket in with Wilco as well on this...Thanks!Robert

... the FSX version of CRJ 2004 and the -200 model, only, does not have any displays or switches to click anywhere ...
turn off UAC. in order to install correctly you will need to uninstall the CRJ and then reinstall with UAC off.also saw this posted in another thread as an option so give this a shot -
  • FSX has a Trusted section on the FSX.CFG.
  • Delete all the Trusted entries section of this Configuration file and restarted FSX.
  • FSX should now as if it was ok to trust files related to plane to be loaded.

as always backup everything before making edits, and use at your own risk.----

D. Scobie, feelThere support forum moderator: https://forum.simflight.com/forum/169-feelthere-support-forums/

turn off UAC. in order to install correctly you will need to uninstall the CRJ and then reinstall with UAC off.also saw this posted in another thread as an option so give this a shot -
  • FSX has a Trusted section on the FSX.CFG.
  • Delete all the Trusted entries section of this Configuration file and restarted FSX.
  • FSX should now as if it was ok to trust files related to plane to be loaded.

as always backup everything before making edits, and use at your own risk.----

Thanks Scoob!!I tried turning UAC off, but only after I had CRJ2004 already installed... I will try uninstalling, then turn off UAC, and re-install the CRJ... Will look into the trusted entries in the fsx.cfg file as well...Robert

Actually I'm glad to report that for $9.28 I went, just now, and bought the Vista/FSX upgrade for the 737PIC and it is working fine now! :) ...Ok, so I overlooked that one... :(My CRJ 2004 (-200) woes still remain though... :( ... I'm guessing that since the -700 and -900 variants work fine that this is not a Vista "thing" like for the 737PIC...So if anyone here has the CRJ-2004 (-200) issue, please post... (unless Wilco just has a bad installer on their website and needs to fix it) I have a ticket in with Wilco as well on this...Thanks!Robert
My 737PIC has the same problem. Just installed it on a new computer with Vista 64. What is this $9.28 Vista upgrade?Dave

... a new computer with Vista 64.
there is no support for 64bit systems. but ... some report that the VISTA version of the 737 for FSX will work on 64 bit ; and others have NO JOY. this is the reality of VISTA.
What is this $9.28 Vista upgrade?
a VISTA 32bit specific version of the 737 for FSX has been created. if you already own the 737 for winXP you can purchase this update. if you don't have the 737, and have a VISTA system, buy the FULL VISTA VERSION of the 737.AGAIN, NO 64bit SUPPORT.--

D. Scobie, feelThere support forum moderator: https://forum.simflight.com/forum/169-feelthere-support-forums/

turn off UAC. in order to install correctly you will need to uninstall the CRJ and then reinstall with UAC off...
Scoob!! Thank you very much! I'm happy to report here that I un-installed the CRJ-2004, turned off UAC, and re-booted. Then re-installed CRJ-2004 (with UAC turned off) - WORKED! :( I had all gauges and switches back...!Now can I turn UAC back on???thanks again!Robert