Sign in to follow this  
Guest JDH

FFX

Guest Sunnyzsz

Everyone seems to be going on about the FFX Boeing 737 aircraft, but I seem to have problems finding them...Where is th best place to download them? I have been to there website, but there is very little help there...Also is it true that they will be brining out the Boeing 737 series 300/400 & 500 ?Sorry if these are really dumb questions, but I new to this whole Fs thing.Kind Regards

they are not out yet :) . I have no clue when they will be out . I think FFX will comment on that of course :) . They are really nice though. I hope they will be able to make work with the DF737 Capt.Richard Dillon (KATL)www.jetstarairlines.comhttp://hifi.avsim.net/activesky/images/wxrebeta.jpg"Lets Roll" 9/11 -----------------------Specs AMD 2400 XP MSI KTV4 512MB DDR 2100Asus GF4 ti 4200 128MBSB Audigy Gamer Ch Products Yoke and Pedals(usb)Windows 2000 Serivce Pack 3

Guest Sunnyzsz

Kewl, so I guess when they are finally relised they will be uploaded to Avsim or FFX's website?

The 737-200 and the 727-200 are out. There are plenty of repaints available here in the avsim library. Also their is a nice MD-80 and a DC-9-51 which were FFX/SGA joint projects for which you will also find many repaints here at avsim. The 737-300/400/500 are yet to be released.Misha

Guest cast1010

With all due respect to the FFX guys.I think they are doing a great job, specially with the B727 and the DC9-50. But I really think they can't beat the Yeodesign's B737-200, the level of details in Yeo's 737 is far better than FFX's.I downloaded FFX's bird a couple of days ago and I did several comparison flights, the result for me was that Yeo's 737 has a better model (more detailed) and better light effects, but has a very little impact on the FPS when you're on spot view. FFX's 737 has a good model and no impact on FPS at all.The flight dynamics in both models are fine, but I felt a lack of thrust power in FFX's 737 (very difficult to reach cruise speed with tanks full). I saw an updated airfile that seems to solve this problem but I haven't tried it, apparently this file increases the aircraft weight which I think will make the lack of thrust feeling more noticeable.I don't know if I'm missing something here, but overall, I think Yeo's 737-200 takes the first place.Just two cents.Carlos.

FFX has a better visual model. Yeodesign's fuselage is not quite right, also a simple edit to the aircraft.cfg file fixes the thrust issue on the FFX birds.static_thrust=22900.000000

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

As far as I know, the original package is only available from the file library at www.flightsim.com :Name: b73720fx.zip Size: 14,201,180 Date: 03-17-2003 Downloads: 3013 FS2002 Boeing 737-200. Features just about everything. Also includes the companion 727-200. By The FlightFX Design Group with help from SGA (original 727 by Gary Carlson). Also, there are many repaints available in the file libraries at both www.flightsim.com and here at www.avsim.com . If you do a search on FlightFX or 737-200 you should be able to find them all. And, some of these repaints also include all the original aircraft files as well (as opposed to only the repainted textures). It's a great aircraft. I think you'll enjoy it. If you have any other questions or need some help, just post it here and I'm sure there will be someone around who knows the answer(s). Trip

>With all due respect to the FFX guys. >>I think they are doing a great job, specially with the B727 >and the DC9-50. But I really think they can't beat the >Yeodesign's B737-200, the level of details in Yeo's 737 is >far better than FFX's. >>I downloaded FFX's bird a couple of days ago and I did >several comparison flights, the result for me was that Yeo's >737 has a better model (more detailed) and better light >effects, but has a very little impact on the FPS when you're >on spot view. FFX's 737 has a good model and no impact on >FPS at all. >>The flight dynamics in both models are fine, but I felt a >lack of thrust power in FFX's 737 (very difficult to reach >cruise speed with tanks full). I saw an updated airfile that >seems to solve this problem but I haven't tried it, >apparently this file increases the aircraft weight which I >think will make the lack of thrust feeling more noticeable. >>I don't know if I'm missing something here, but overall, I >think Yeo's 737-200 takes the first place. >>Just two cents. >>Carlos. You must have never seen a real 737-200! :-lolYeodesigns did a good job and I respenct all freeware authors but there visual model is dimensionally incorrect.:)

Ark

--------------------------

I9 9900K @ 5ghz / 32GB G.Skill (Samsung B) / Aorus Master Mobo / EVGA GTX 2080Ti FTW 3

>"But I really think they can't beat the Yeodesign's B737-200, the level of details in Yeo's 737 is far better than FFX's."http://sgair.net/images/member_name_banners/mike_small.jpg

Guest cast1010

Hello Mike, I'm sorry if you didn

Guest cast1010

Can you show me what is the error in Yeo's fuselage?, I can't see any BIG mistake in the aircraft

Guest JDH

Very easy to do. Get a good screenshot of Yeo 732 and then find a suitable photo. You'll see for yourself then.Personally, as soon as the FFX aircraft came out, the Yeo one was dumped off my system. Don't get me wrong, I did like it, but I prefer visual accuracy, a desire that Yeo did not fully achieve. Yeo's FDE's were good, possibly easier for me to handle than FFX's but I am getting to grips with the latter now.

Guest FS_freak

Oye Carlos,I'm sorry but I can't resist bumping in. You say you are a real comercial pilot which means you spend lots of time either in or around 732's. I can't think of an airport that doesn't have one or two schedulled 732 flights a day. Take a close look at the forward section of a real 732 and compare it to Yeo's. You will conclude that the nose of Yeo's design is all wrong, the floor line of the fuselage doesn't flow upwards soon enough and the nose cone is not as sharp as it should be. I agree Yeo's 732 has some nice details. I personally like the reflective glass on this bird. OTH I must confess when I first saw FFX's model, all my Yeo 732's ended up in the virtual dumpyard. This 732 is definitely the best visual model anyone has ever come up with, free or payware. I mean, try taking a few shots with elaborate backgrounds. You could probably fool airliners.net into thinking it's a real life photo. Hey, maybe I'll give it a try :-wink2 I really don't find much difference as far as lighting is concerned. I give you that FFX's model is lacking texture inside the cockpit when seen through the glass (just in case you don't know there is a way to texture the pilots), on the cabin door and the cabin parts that are seen through it. But hey, have you seen this door open? It is the exact same sequence of the real thing. Furthermore, how much time do you spend on the ground with the door open? I myself prefer spot views while cruising and this visual model is definitelly a winner for that purpose.I suggest you spend less time reading through checklists and throwing switches and look out the windows more often. Disfruta la vida mi hermano!Hey Mike, Keep up the good work man and I'm still with you!Mauricio.

Guest JDH

Agree with all of that Mauricio. Plus, I think the FFX guys will sort out the lack of texture inside as soon as they can. But who really looks that closely in flight!