Sign in to follow this  
badaboom

New To Pmdg

Hello,This is my first serious add-on for FSX and after wieghing my options between PMDG and another popular developer I'm very happy I chose PMDG,It's really incredible and worth every penny!!!!!fsx2009-01-0318-42-09-49.jpgfsx2009-01-0318-41-58-08.jpgfsx2009-01-0318-46-01-33.jpgfsx2009-01-0318-46-42-82.jpgfsx2009-01-0318-45-48-52.jpgI have alot to learn and am just scratching the surface of this amazing aircraft,I would be happy with any suggestionson where to start to learn the bascs and work my way up.Thank You

Guest lgvpilot1

Man looking at those screen shots you just jammed them throttles wide and took off :( You are gonna hear it a few times my friend RTFM and try the tutorial flightsTake a look at this sitehttp://smithplanet.com/fs2004/pmdg/it is a good tutorial for a beginner , it will get you from a to b with FMC set up ....and so onwell have a look your self and see what you think Good luckMark

Yeah man, I'm glad you purchase PMDG! :( In 1 day I've learned cold&dark setup (currently learning FMC/ILS)It okay if you don't get it the first time, practice makes perfect.Very happy with PMDG!-Vincent

Ha Ha, :( I must admit I was pretty excited after I downloaded and kinda skipped the manual to see how she flew!!! And I'm very impressed,I figured I was flying Cargo how much trouble could I get in?Thank You for the link to the great site,it will be a big help!!Cheers,Patrick

Guest lgvpilot1

PatrickTrust me you made the right decision buying this aircraft!!At first it seems almost impossible to fly , but eventually it becomes the easierTake the time to learn the systems it really is worth the effort , after all you paid good money for it!!The site I posted is the one that got me going with the 747 , very simple instructions to walk you round the basicstry it, then go back to the manual it will all make sense!!If you learn the basics then any questions you may have will be answered on this site by some very knowledgable peopleand the occasional r/w 747 pilots!!!Have fun Mark

Guest SkullxBones

Once you learn the basics of getting it started and ready to fly, there are a series of video tutorials I always recommend on youtube made for the PMDG 737, but they are really well done and easy to apply to the 747.Here's the FMC series. Be sure to see all 9 of them.

SID/STAR series, 4 of them.
There are a lot more on youtube, just search PMDG tutorial and you'll get a bunch.Jeff P.

Yeah you did a right decision, buying this aircraft. Now spend some more bucks and buythose Training DVDs (one package) from AOA. I can guarante it

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm amazed at the great support here,Thank you all very much for the helpfull links and tips,I started going through the manual last night and was a bit overwhelmed with info,but I think coupled with some of the other recources you've pointed out and taking it one step at a time I should make some headway in the right direction.It's also great to have a helpfull welcome here and know I can ask my questions[and thier will be lots] in a knowledgable mature forum.Thank You very muchPatrick

Once you learn the basics of getting it started and ready to fly, there are a series of video tutorials I always recommend on youtube made for the PMDG 737, but they are really well done and easy to apply to the 747.Here's the FMC series. Be sure to see all 9 of them.
SID/STAR series, 4 of them.
There are a lot more on youtube, just search PMDG tutorial and you'll get a bunch.Jeff P.
And that the guy who taught me how to use the FMC. :( -Vincent