Sign in to follow this  
cmpbellsjc

What Sceneries To Buy Next?

FTX Australia is the only scenery that reminds of Holger's Alaska series. I fly locally in the US during the winter days and a beautiful summer day in Australia at night. Makes a wonderful distraction from crummy winter weather.Bob..
Me too! Had some of my best flights in the fjords.I can't wait to see his FTX North America :(

...and now Orbx has released the final region in their Australian scenery series, you can fly over the whole of the Continent of Australia in glorious FTX goodness
Unbelievably, it looks like Orbx has released also this week another of their small freeware regional airfields at Port Lincoln (YPLC) in South Australia. BTW, complete with the surrounding 30 sq kms of photoreal scenery.Check it out at their freeware page.Cheers,

Another FTX freeware goodie to add, Anthony Lynch's Tindal YPTN. Looks really nice too!

Another FTX freeware goodie to add, Anthony Lynch's Tindal YPTN. Looks really nice too!
Where did you get that one from John?Cheers and thanks,

Where did you get that one from John?Cheers and thanks,
Right here at AVSIM, It was on yesterdays front page :(

Right here at AVSIM, It was on yesterdays front page :(
Woops, thanks mate, much appreciated.Cheers,

...and now Orbx has released the final region in their Australian scenery series, you can fly over the whole of the Continent of Australia in glorious FTX goodness
I have enjoyed so much everything that Holger has done BUT I guess I came in too late and miss his Alaska work. Is that free or payware? Wonder where to find it? I will search the library here at AVSIM. Thanks, Steve

FTX Australia is the only scenery that reminds of Holger's Alaska series. I fly locally in the US during the winter days and a beautiful summer day in Australia at night. Makes a wonderful distraction from crummy winter weather.Bob..
I checked the AVSIM library and could not find Holger Sandmann's Alaska series. Does anyone know where to find it??Thanks, Steve

I checked the AVSIM library and could not find Holger Sandmann's Alaska series. Does anyone know where to find it??Thanks, Steve
There isn't any Alaska stuff for FSX yet, but if you have Fs9 installed do a search for Glacier Bay. Its the last piece of the three and its freeware! The other two are Misty Fjords and Tongass Fjords, both payware but very much worth it!!

Guest knarfage

I'd stay away from Cloud9, I've heard rumors they are done with sceneries.FSDreamteam does nice work as well as the companies you mentioned in your first post. Flytampa's Kai Tak is awesome, they give you the chance to have the old and new airport. I flew an approach into the old airport last night in a 747 and all you folks who've done it before you know what that's like, it's a challenge and my hands were literally sweating when done. Martin Brunker and the staff at FlyTampa are good people and should an issue come up they will get back to you fairly quickly.Might I also recommend St. Maarten from FlyTampa. Just look at the airport and you'll see how nice it is. Plus it's got to be one of the more challenging airport to get any heavies in. Hope this helps

If you want an international crossing point airport that gets a wide variety of AI aircraft, and is thus a good place to fly from and to, then the Malta International Airport scenery I recently reviewed for AVSIM is worth a look. There should be a link fairly high up on my review to the website and should be a link to the review itself on the main AVSIM page. It's good for flights into and out of Northern Europe, the Middle East etc.It's not likely to wow you with fantastic amounts of complex buildings, as it strives to look like the real place, which is a fairly simple cruciform layout that has grown out of being a military base originally, but that does mean it gets very good FPS in spite of looking like the real place, and there is a free replacement land class which you can download for it that improves all the surrounding islands as well as the local terrain, which even adds an aircraft carrier you can land on if you feel so inclined.From an operational standpoint, MIA has runways long enough for heavies and good instrument landing facilities (the real place is popular with airlines for use in aircrew training. Lufthansa has a major repair facility there, which is modeled in the scenery, and the airport itself has a Category 9 ICAO designation), so you can use it for pretty much any aircraft you like, in any weather.One of the major plus points is that the scenery was created by a guy who is an air traffic controller at the real Malta International, so lots of things about it are just like the real deal and very accurate, especially the ground operations of AI aircraft and parking, so if you like all those realism aspects, it's certainly worth checking out. It's also pretty inexpensive, which is no bad thing.I intend to put an Air Hauler base there, as there is plenty of spare apron space on it!Al

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here