Sign in to follow this  
Guest AndrewMal

Project Airbus?

I saw FS98 stuff too at one point. The images of course where not PA's work but there was in fact FS98 images. The only reason I did not post it was because with in a few days later the domain was down so I did not see it necessary. Capt.Richard Dillon (KATL)www.jetstarairlines.comhttp://hifi.avsim.net/activesky/images/wxrebeta.jpg"Lets Roll" 9/11 -----------------------Specs AMD 2400 XP MSI KTV4 512MB DDR 2100Asus GF4 ti 4200 128MBSB Audigy Gamer Ch Products Yoke and Pedals(usb)Windows 2000 Serivce Pack 3

Guest roderic757

Well personally I think the CSI A319 is goin to be really hard to beat. If any of you have not downloaded their beta aircraft you should...:) you will be really happy with it and they are going to release it next week supposedly... Cheersroderic

Guest Matt Johnson

I'd wondered why there'd been so many downloads of that file all of a sudden... Trevor (Slack), if you're reading, whomever is updating that particular webpage needs to be a little more careful when copying and pasting URLs, it seems.Fixed again -- even though it's not really our problem to fix...--M

Guest Matt Johnson

Correct.The problem with both the weird images and the sound download was that the URL's were going to our Library but had junk on the end of them, e.g....DownloadID=18735%20(%20 == URL encoding for a space, if anyone cares.)Those of you who program know that % is the operator for modulus, so rather than getting download 18735, they were getting 18735 mod 20, which would be DownloadID 15... similarly for images.--M

>The planes you see are FS2002 gmax, our V1.0 A320. And do >you mind not calling our freeware 'crap'? I and a lot of >other team members at Project Airbus would appreciate it. Read Shanes post more accurately Trev ;)You guys had pictures of FS98 stuff on your site. He was calling the FS98 stuff "crap" not you A320. You guys had the images linked wrong.And Shane was correct, FS98 is crap. LOLThanks for fixing the links Matt.

Ark

--------------------------

I9 9900K @ 5ghz / 32GB G.Skill (Samsung B) / Aorus Master Mobo / EVGA GTX 2080Ti FTW 3

>Well personally I think the CSI A319 is goin to be really >hard to beat. If any of you have not downloaded their beta >aircraft you should...:) you will be really happy with it >and they are going to release it next week supposedly... >>>Cheers >>roderic Where do I download the beta? I've been gone for awhile, I didn't even know they were making an A319.

Guest Airbus_A340

To be honest, this is quite strange, because the links of images and downloads were set up last year linking to the Avsim download during the summer for our A320 release. We never experienced any problems before. I and other members haven't seen any FS98 images or anything like that on our download page- obviously otherwise we would have made the amendments.Matt, I'll contact Nick, the webmaster who made the download page and see what he has to say. Thanks for your help.Roderic, you mention that CSI's A319 will be hard to beat, well we're not out there to 'beat' anyone. We're making our aircraft for our enjoyment, whether it's better or not is up to the individual flight simmer.

Guest Airbus_A340

Kurt, that was what I was seeing before anyone said anythign about a problem!

Guest PhLem

Well said, Trevor !!!!!!!!!!Udo.:-wavewww.YeoDesigns.com

Guest kilo_sierra17

I never saw any problems either, and I have IE set to always get the latest page from the server. Well as long as it is fixed for other people now!

Guest AndrewMal

I've downloaded CSI's A319, and in its current state it needs plenty of work. I feel that if Project Airbus can come up with an A319 that's even half as good as their A320, the FS community will have NOTHING to complain about! I personally love the A320 and still fly it often. PA, much like FFG, has been pretty dormant lately, but I'm sure they'll start cranking out more great planes soon enough. About the website - I thought I was seeing things when I visited a week or so ago. I, too, saw these old FS98 planes instead of the shiny A320s :). Trevor, keep up the good work and I can't wait for the A319/A320/A321 updates!-Andrew