Sign in to follow this  
Luc Brusselmans

Black Screen And Fs9 Restarting

Hello evryone,For the last 3 days I am struggling with a problem for which I can't seem to find a solution.Here's the setup...I have created a flight from KMSP to KDEN (KMSP GEP J114.DVV KDEN) with Flightsim Commander.For the flight (I have flown it 4 times now) I use the LEVELD 767 or the PMDG 737-800.I am using scenery from Imagine simulation (KDEN) and Blueprint (KMSP), Radar Contact and Active sky (6.5).I have also the complete mesh scenery of FsGenesis installed.For the fourth time in a row, when approaching DVV (about 45 miles out of Denver), the screen goes black (no OOM)and after a few seconds, the all to well-known message appears that Fs-9 encountered an error and has to shut down.When checking the logs of WindowsXP, there is always the same event (in fact there are two Event-id 1000 and event-id1001).Is there anybody who can give me some advice....?I have already deleted the Fs-9.cfg and let the program rebuild one, I have looked for duplicate afcads. (I am sure there are twobecause I have the installed in the KDEN scenryfolder and I have the default Afcad from Flightsim itself but that has notbeen an issue in the past)I am completely out of my depth here...Luc BrusselmansBelgium

Guest RonB49
Hello evryone,For the last 3 days I am struggling with a problem for which I can't seem to find a solution.Here's the setup...I have created a flight from KMSP to KDEN (KMSP GEP J114.DVV KDEN) with Flightsim Commander.For the flight (I have flown it 4 times now) I use the LEVELD 767 or the PMDG 737-800.I am using scenery from Imagine simulation (KDEN) and Blueprint (KMSP), Radar Contact and Active sky (6.5).I have also the complete mesh scenery of FsGenesis installed.For the fourth time in a row, when approaching DVV (about 45 miles out of Denver), the screen goes black (no OOM)and after a few seconds, the all to well-known message appears that Fs-9 encountered an error and has to shut down.When checking the logs of WindowsXP, there is always the same event (in fact there are two Event-id 1000 and event-id1001).Is there anybody who can give me some advice....?I have already deleted the Fs-9.cfg and let the program rebuild one, I have looked for duplicate afcads. (I am sure there are twobecause I have the installed in the KDEN scenryfolder and I have the default Afcad from Flightsim itself but that has notbeen an issue in the past)I am completely out of my depth here...Luc BrusselmansBelgium
Hi Luc,What did you do 3 days ago? The reason I ask is because I had a similar experience in the past week. My problem was that each time I attempted to access the default flight planner, FS9 would crash in exactly the same manner as you describe.I was flying Bill Lyons' G-21 Goose at the time. After this happening for about three days, I remembered that I had changed from the default "Cutter's Goose" livery to a different paint scheme at about the same time as the problem started. I changed back to the default paint and all is well again. I would not expect a different texture set to cause a problem but it did.If you didn't change anything then I would begin by eliminating add-ons. First, I'd deactivate the Denver airport scenery and if it still happened, then I deactivate Minneapolis. Try it with default ATC, default weather and a default plane too.And, of course, insure that you don't have any duplicate AFCAD files.R-

An AI airplane with bad textures flying in the area could also be the issue. Also, if you've done any reinstall work, make sure the FS9.1 patch is still there...this is the time of year the dreaded seasonal CTD started to appear in the unpatched FS9. I helped someone not long ago that had installed a no-CD patch a few months earlier without realizing that it was an FS9 (vice 9.1) no-CD file. If you right-click on FS9.exe in your Flt Sim folder, the version number should be 9.01.040901RegardsBob ScottColonel, USAF (ret)ATP IMEL Gulfstream II-III-IV-VColorado Springs, CO

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

Thanks guys,quite a number of hints and tips.To be on the safe side, - I restored an imagefile of my Windows XP (including Fs9.1 and FsGenesis mesh scenery).- I installed only the airports of Imagine simulation (including KDEN)- I installed also the PMDG 737ng series (-600, -700, -800, -900)Tomorrow I will fly the route again an dsee what happens.Since I have only default AI-traffic, I "assume" that all liveries there are ok.You all point in the same direction (elimination...) so that's the way to go.I'll let you know how things work out.Luc BrusselmansBelgium

I have created a flight from KMSP to KDEN (KMSP GEP J114.DVV KDEN) with Flightsim Commander.....I am using scenery from Imagine simulation (KDEN) and Blueprint (KMSP), Radar Contact and Active sky (6.5).I have also the complete mesh scenery of FsGenesis installed.For the fourth time in a row, when approaching DVV (about 45 miles out of Denver), the screen goes black (no OOM)and after a few seconds, the all to well-known message appears that Fs-9 encountered an error and has to shut down.....
I use FSGenesis (with UTUSA terrain on top) and I've long suspected that one or both of these products cause repeatable FS9 errors at certain general locations. Development has stopped on these products however (no more bug fixes), but they're just too good to live without.Thus, I make a note of the problematic areas and simply avoid them in the future. One easy way, save the KMSP-KDEN flight plan printout, mark it "bad route," put an "X" through DVV, and save it in a folder for future reference. Next time you fly to KDEN or surrounding areas, check the folder and you'll remember to adjust your current flight plan to avoid DVV. I also mark flight plans that work "good route" and save them.Make sure however that you're not really getting an OOM error. I know you said black screen, but I'm not sure that in all cases, a black screen doesn't have a root OOM cause. I say this because Imaginesim KDEN is a relatively old (and less optimized) scenery that takes of lot of memory when it loads, and your error occurs when you get close to it.

I use FSGenesis (with UTUSA terrain on top) and I've long suspected that one or both of these products cause repeatable FS9 errors at certain general locations. Development has stopped on these products however (no more bug fixes), but they're just too good to live without.Thus, I make a note of the problematic areas and simply avoid them in the future. One easy way, save the KMSP-KDEN flight plan printout, mark it "bad route," put an "X" through DVV, and save it in a folder for future reference. Next time you fly to KDEN or surrounding areas, check the folder and you'll remember to adjust your current flight plan to avoid DVV. I also mark flight plans that work "good route" and save them.Make sure however that you're not really getting an OOM error. I know you said black screen, but I'm not sure that in all cases, a black screen doesn't have a root OOM cause. I say this because Imaginesim KDEN is a relatively old (and less optimized) scenery that takes of lot of memory when it loads, and your error occurs when you get close to it.
Well,I did say that I would be back.Thanks again for all the tip you all took the trouble to write down.All to no avail I am afraid because I flew the same route again this morning and had a similar crash.However, the last crash happened at the same location, yes, but also, and that is something I noticed today, when I contacted Approach with RadarContact.So with nothing to losse, I went over to their forum here at Avsim and posted the following topic "Atis Crash Or Something Else".And Ron(zie) came up with the golden tip.Seems there is (and more than one if my reading is correct) a bug in ATC.DLL. When you switch off atc in Fs-9, some weird stuff is happening.All can be solved however with fsuipc (is there a problem that can't be solved by it?).Read the topic..Luc BrusselmansBelgiumoh, before I forget...I flew the route without a problem tonightANDPMDG MD-11 will be released tonight.....!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guest contrail

After adding some AI and doing some editing to a couple airport afcads I ended up with 2 different kinds of crashes. And after doing some testing I found that the following error messages(that box after the black screen)were caused by the following conditions...G2D.DLL........BAD AFCADG3D.DLL.......BAD AIRCRAFTOne way to trace these is simply to do a search for either ALL the afcads or ALL the aircraft folders and use the "when was it modified" feature in search. My crashes started "about" 2 weeks ago...I did a search for any changes/additions to aircraft/afcads in the past 30 days....KORD afcad was one that showed up and I simply used a different afcad(backup before edit) to test, sure enough the g2d.dll crash was solved. Then the aircraft, which turned out to be my accidentally using and old fs2000(?)aircraft, one of those that FS9 warns you about if you pull it up in your aircraft menu....it was a cessna 402(?) for an AI commuter based out of Boston...sure enough when I'd get within 20 miles or so of Boston...poof....g3d.dll crash. Aircraft was replaced with a made-for-fs2004 aircraft, problem solved.Crashes come with a variety of issues...especially when you have mucho add-ons, or, like myself, mucho AI....(those crashes are usually the inevitable OUT OF MEMORY problems(especially around hi-traffic areas like O'Hare), which have been mentioned(with possible fixes)numerous times on different threads).Good Luck