Sign in to follow this  
Guest keiron

Pmdg Customer Future Interests

1,529 members have voted

1. 1. Which jet interests you in PMDG style?

• Airbus A320
    • Airbus A330
    • Airbus A340
    • Boeing 777

NONE OF THE ABOVE.PMDG has already made 2 long-haul widebodies...why make a third with the 777? We already have the ability to drone over the atlantic on mind-numbing 14 hour sorties. I think a short-haul airplane should be next.I vote 717.Regards,Nick
I couldn't agree with you more on both counts. You have no idea how many long haul flights I've made. Even medum haul. Also, almost everyone else has some sort of (at least modest quality) add-on to fly their local or favorite airlines. And I have to admit I have the LDS763 to fly Trans-Pac and long-haul flights for Hawaiian. But what about our Inter-island B712 fleet? It seems silly that I live here and can't even fly the routes HAL flies most.Make that another vote for the B712...When PMDG finally clears their plate of course.

Guest Steven Stratton

I am entirely certain that the fine people behind PMDG Simulations know what the market wants/needs, god knows they are reminded often!That being said, I would like to see PMDG continue to diversify their product line-up - Boeing, McDonnell Douglas, Airbus - with more aircraft from different manufacturers - Embraer, Bombardier, Dornier, BAe Systems, etc. I appreciate the time it takes to fully enjoy the learning of each individual aircraft, especially to the technical depths that PMDG achieve.Whatever that aircraft may be, is truly an academic discussion!

Guest BlueRidgeDx
...I would like to see PMDG continue to diversify their product line-up...Dornier, BAe Systems, etc.
Mmmmmmm! Gimme a Do-328JET or a J-41! Then I could re-live my ACA days in all their glory!Regards,Nick

I'm an Airbus Fan... but I vote for T7.. esspecially -300ER model...Why? because PMDG has already got a lot of experiences developing Boeing aircrafts...I think they can start by using their PMDG-744 as a base product...So, I can expect a shorter release date...If PMDG pick Airbuses planes... I think they will need very long time to be released, because PMDG has to make it from the scratch, not to mention the complexity of FBW system. (refer to MD-11 which has taken 4 years)...Regards,Tri Wasono

I'm a Boeing fan, so I voted for the trip-7 (but that's not the only reason I voted for it; I'd love to see a PMDG B777)... last I heard, they were going to concentrate on some smaller aircraft, in the vein of their 1900 series). I'd really love to see some bizjets, like the Lear 45 or 60 given the PMDG treatment. I like flying the heavies, but taking to the skies in a PMDG-designed "corvette" would be my sim-dream-come-true.

Guest cuizinier

My first choice would be the A320 but as it is being developed (and look promising) by airsimmer. I vote for the T7 as a second choice.But one thing i would like to add to the PMDG team is develop what you want ! As soon as it is done by PMDG standards it will rock !cheersJulien

Personally I'd love to see a properly done regional jet - BA146 perhaps as there seems to be a shortage of really good short haul planes but whatever PMDG make will be brilliant anyway.John E
I voted A320 but yes, I would love a BAE146/RJ too. :(

Dave Taylor gb.png

A good ATR42/72...
You ever flown the one by flight1?Richy

You ever flown the one by flight1?
Excellent simulation with especially impressive flight modeling. But like all non-PMDG aircraft it has one serious flaw - the autopilot. I don't know if they ever fixed it - I know they were trying hard but were not making much progress at least when I was still playing with it, months after the release. Perhaps PMDG is the only MSFS developer that posses know-how to do their own fully customized autopilot from scratch, everybody else simply adopts Microsoft's default autopilot with its knows flaws. But no way I am advocating that PMDG does another ATR.

Guest TU0833

I voted T7 (the best I can see) but I wished the list was expanded to include the A300-600R. It is such a great airliner that was considered as a revolution when it flew the first time. It can carry a high payload (PAX+Cargo) and fly transatlantic routes like you do with a 767, 747, 777.... I hope that aircraft gets attention before history buries it!

I'm definitely in agreement with the B717 votes. It seems a logical step from the MD-11 as it has a very similar avionics package, and seems right down PMDG's alley of highly advanced modern airliners.The real one is such a joy to ride on...I'm amazed they weren't more popular and sad they're not being produced anymore.Don't get me wrong, all the turboprops and regional jets would be nice to see "PMDG'd", but I can't see that happening for a long time...it's just not their market. The thought of a PMDG Do-jet does start the drool running though... :)Jonathan

I'm definitely in agreement with the B717 votes. It seems a logical step from the MD-11 as it has a very similar avionics package, and seems right down PMDG's alley of highly advanced modern airliners.
Just one note of caution; the B717 is no where near as automated as the MD-11. Although the Displays are the same (with the exception of the engine and system displays due to the differences in aircraft) and so is the Auto Flight system, the flight dynamics and other general systems (i.e. HYD, ELEC, Autothrottle system) are vastly different. There are actually TO/GA switches on this bird instead of a CLAMP system.

Guest keiron

I think the Bombardier CRJ 100-1000 series would reach a wide audience! I bet that would keep painters and Team McPhat very busy as well! The CRJs have tons of operators world wide as well, plus it's a very nice jet. :(