Sign in to follow this  
WebMaximus

Asa<->rex - Best Way To Setup This Combo...?

Thanks for the screens!What still puzzles me is how REX and ASA themes go together. While ASA has 7 which are clearly linked to weather conditions (stormy, IMC, clear) REX has 10 of which only 2 seem to fit to the ASA ones name-wise.So how would the process of defining REX-snapshots for ASA look like?Thanks!
I have only seen 6 pre-defined themes in REX...in my opinion they would shake out in ASA like this:ASA Universal = REX "Fair Weather" or "Dry and Windy"ASA Clear = REX "Fair Weather"ASA Stormy = REX "Cold Front Approaches"ASA IMC = REX "Foggy"ASA Snow= REX "Winter Storm"ASA Rain = REX "Warm Front Approaches"ASA Overcast = REX Warm Front Approaches" or "Foggy"Hope this helps.

I have only seen 6 pre-defined themes in REX...in my opinion they would shake out in ASA like this:ASA Universal = REX "Fair Weather" or "Dry and Windy"ASA Clear = REX "Fair Weather"ASA Stormy = REX "Cold Front Approaches"ASA IMC = REX "Foggy"ASA Snow= REX "Winter Storm"ASA Rain = REX "Warm Front Approaches"ASA Overcast = REX Warm Front Approaches" or "Foggy"Hope this helps.
Hi, Where are this themes in the REX???Fair WeatherDry and WindyFair WeatherCold Front ApproachesFoggyWinter StormWarm Front ApproachesI have REX 2.0 and I not have this themes.Thank you

Hi, Where are this themes in the REX???Fair WeatherDry and WindyFair WeatherCold Front ApproachesFoggyWinter StormWarm Front ApproachesI have REX 2.0 and I not have this themes.Thank you
I think you load you weather textures in REX and install as usual. The themes you have listed are in FSX.Its confusing me also! :)

I think you load you weather textures in REX and install as usual. The themes you have listed are in FSX.Its confusing me also! :)
Those themes were from REX V 1.0 when this thread was originally started about a year ago. In version 2.0, go to the Theme Creation tab where you'll find a drop down box "Select a theme to install". The themes now are different, but they still can match up well with the ASA snapshot categories-for example they now both have "Stormy" as a theme.

Those themes were from REX V 1.0 when this thread was originally started about a year ago. In version 2.0, go to the Theme Creation tab where you'll find a drop down box "Select a theme to install". The themes now are different, but they still can match up well with the ASA snapshot categories-for example they now both have "Stormy" as a theme.
ok, I am checking in REX 2.0 and ASA :( :In REX 2.0 I have:ARCTIC CHILLDREAMTIMEHIGH ALTITUDE BLUESPRISTINE TROPICSREALITYSTORMY WEATHERTURBULENCEVFR SERENITYWINTER FEELINGSWONDEROUSIn ASA I have:ASA UniversalASA Clear ASA Stormy ASA IMCASA SnowASA RainASA OvercastSomeone with experience :( could classify the best combination or assignment to use these themes of REX2.0 in the ASA snapshot. Thank you :( .

I download AS6.5 weather, make an FSBuild flightplan, import into AS, use AS' link with GEPro to set up ground textures, then start REX2004, import the flightplan into THAT, and REX downloads it's weather (note - it doesn't start up REX' weather engine) and submits sky and cloud textures from that. So AS is still driving the weather and GEPro, and REX has submitted appropriate textures. Seems to work OK, although REX2004 seems to take forever to download weather and set up it's textures.Cheers, SLuggy

Guest dagandolfo
I have just bought ASA and REX for FS9 and am struggling to find advice (google isnt my friend on this one!!!) as to which themes to use for each of the ASA snapshots. The name mentioned above are for the older version of REX and they have changed the names for some reason and I have no clue as to which of the new themes would be best. tell a lie, stormy weather is the only obvious one!Can anyone give me some pointers as to which REX theme to use for each of the ASA options? once i have one theme for each, I can then play around to make more custom themes. As it stands, I have no clue as to what looks correct for each of the ASA options.Cheers

I have just bought ASA and REX for FS9 and am struggling to find advice (google isnt my friend on this one!!!) as to which themes to use for each of the ASA snapshots. The name mentioned above are for the older version of REX and they have changed the names for some reason and I have no clue as to which of the new themes would be best. tell a lie, stormy weather is the only obvious one!Can anyone give me some pointers as to which REX theme to use for each of the ASA options? once i have one theme for each, I can then play around to make more custom themes. As it stands, I have no clue as to what looks correct for each of the ASA options.Cheers
Fully support the request! I also use REX 2.0 and don't find the themes mentioned above! Would somebody please make a similarity between the new 2.0 themes and ASA themes... Thank you very much!

Regards,

Victor Quebec

ok, I am checking in REX 2.0 and ASA :( :In REX 2.0 I have:ARCTIC CHILLDREAMTIMEHIGH ALTITUDE BLUESPRISTINE TROPICSREALITYSTORMY WEATHERTURBULENCEVFR SERENITYWINTER FEELINGSWONDEROUSIn ASA I have:ASA UniversalASA Clear ASA Stormy ASA IMCASA SnowASA RainASA OvercastSomeone with experience :( could classify the best combination or assignment to use these themes of REX2.0 in the ASA snapshot. Thank you :( .
So, can anyone help with translation of new REX 2.0 themes to ASE "language"?!? Thanks a lot!!!

Regards,

Victor Quebec

So, can anyone help with translation of new REX 2.0 themes to ASE "language"?!? Thanks a lot!!!
That's really tough because there is no "set' translation. For example, I use a Stormy Weather theme for everything. I like the clouds better. To me they look more realistic.I'd say, load a REX theme, take a look at it and assign it to a snapshot according to what YOU like and go from there.Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors