Sign in to follow this  
Guest abz

Ms Flight Simulator Has Stopped Working Message

Guest abz

I am flying MSFS 2004 on a Vista 32 PC. A strange and annoying thing happens EVERY TIME I close down FS after a normal flight. I get a message that says "Microsoft Flight Simulator has stopped working. Windows is looking for a solution to the problem". Almost never have gotten this message during flying but every time after I close down the program. Anyone have a thought on this - why it would be happening after I close down? Thanks, Al

I think this is an issue with Vista not recognizing that the application is trying to close and instead assuming that the program is not working correctly.FS2004 was designed and released well before Vista so I think it is a compatibility issue.

I am flying MSFS 2004 on a Vista 32 PC. A strange and annoying thing happens EVERY TIME I close down FS after a normal flight. I get a message that says "Microsoft Flight Simulator has stopped working. Windows is looking for a solution to the problem". Almost never have gotten this message during flying but every time after I close down the program. Anyone have a thought on this - why it would be happening after I close down? Thanks, Al
I do not run Vista but I seem to remember a post saying that some problems like this may be "fixed" by Right clicking on the shortcut which starts FS2004 and select the Compatability tab. I believe there is an option to run as XP Service Pak 2.Try that and see if it helps.

Guest abz
I think this is an issue with Vista not recognizing that the application is trying to close and instead assuming that the program is not working correctly.FS2004 was designed and released well before Vista so I think it is a compatibility issue.
Thanks. I would have thought this also but I have a second Vista PC with FS and it does not do it on this PC. Very strange behavior. Al
I do not run Vista but I seem to remember a post saying that some problems like this may be "fixed" by Right clicking on the shortcut which starts FS2004 and select the Compatability tab. I believe there is an option to run as XP Service Pak 2.Try that and see if it helps.
Thanks Opa for the suggestion but this did not "fix the problem" Al

Guest comm1

I'm having the EXACT same problem. It doesn't really effect FS at all, it's just annoying to have to cancel of of that message every time I close FS9 or FSX.

Guest abz
I'm having the EXACT same problem. It doesn't really effect FS at all, it's just annoying to have to cancel of of that message every time I close FS9 or FSX.
Agree Comm 1. Yes, a real pain. But the strange thing is my one Vista PC works fine and never get the message. The other - get it all the time. Wish I could eliminate it from happening. Al

Guest Greyflyer777

I have the same problem with FSX & Vista 32. I think it started after I added something. Currently working through the add-ons removing them to see if it makes any difference.

Is member " abz" still around ?  I realize that this is a very old post but I also experienced this problem recently and have found the solution.

If abz is still interested !!!!!!!!!! Its been 6 years !!!!!!!!

Trevor

Hi

This is what works for me.

The problem seems to be with the FSUIPC.ini file. What it is exactly, I've no idea.

Delete this file in the modules folder and when you re-start fs9, it will build a new file.

DO NOT make any changes to FSUIPC while flying!!!! Do this before you start flying.

This problem seems to occur when I make changes to FSUIPC while flying or if the joystick is not calibrated properly.

Anyone else having this irritating problem when closing down fs9 ?

Weird.

Regards

Trevor

Depends on what you mean by "changes to FSUIPC".  The FSUIPC interface can only be opened when you are in a flight, so it is normal to make changes during a flight.

If however you are refering to editing/deleting the .ini file using notepad while FS9 is open, that is probably not a good idea.

Peter Schluter

Timo

Are you still around?

I think I may have found the real culprit. The FSUIPC thing was probably just coincidental.

Trevor

Hi Trevor,

Sorry for not answering - too much non fs-related work to do...

Tried Your Suggestion and no error message so far.. Which other culprit have You found?

Thanks in advance and happy flying

Timo

In the error report which is generated, there was mention of a dll file closing (RunwayAdvisoryDLL).

I simply removed this .dll file (which I don't really need) from the modules folder and now I don/t get that

irritating message any more.

Trevor