Sign in to follow this  
cthiggin

Help Me Remember This Tweak For Outside View

Hello Fellow Simmers,Help me remember this tweak?With a minor config edit, you could (Either VC or Outside View) press SHIFT + U and airports would show up named in red, just like the AI aircraft. Very helpful.After a fsx.config edit, I have lost the tweak and cannot find it. Thanks in advance.cthiggin

Hey cthiggin,Your name sounds familiar. Do I know you from another forum, possibly a long time ago? :( Anyways, the tweak you have just described is also familiar. I found it:http://lc0277.nerim.net/wiki/index.php?Dis...airport%20namesHappy Simming!

Regards,

BoeingGuy

customer.jpg

ASUS P5E X38 | Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 @ 3.2 GHz on 1600 MHz FSB (400x8) | 4 GB DDR2-800 RAM | EVGA GeForce 8800 GT Superclocked @ 679/979 | 320 GB Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 RPM HD

Hey cthiggin,Your name sounds familiar. Do I know you from another forum, possibly a long time ago? :( Anyways, the tweak you have just described is also familiar. I found it:http://lc0277.nerim.net/wiki/index.php?Dis...airport%20namesHappy Simming!
Hey BoeingGuy,Seen your name around on other forums. I'm on GEX, REX, FSWC, nVidia - used to be on FlyAway, but 5.00/month just didn't cut it.Thank you so very much for coming up with the "solution" to my problem. GREAT THANKS.cthiggin

...used to be on FlyAway, but 5.00/month just didn't cut it.
That's where I remember seeing your name! I never was a member there but I used to go through those forums. Welcome to the AVSIM Forums! :( I'm sure you'll like it here.Great that you found a solution, I'm happy to help.Have fun!

Regards,

BoeingGuy

customer.jpg

ASUS P5E X38 | Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 @ 3.2 GHz on 1600 MHz FSB (400x8) | 4 GB DDR2-800 RAM | EVGA GeForce 8800 GT Superclocked @ 679/979 | 320 GB Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 RPM HD

That's where I remember seeing your name! I never was a member there but I used to go through those forums. Welcome to the AVSIM Forums! :( I'm sure you'll like it here.Great that you found a solution, I'm happy to help.Have fun!
Thanks again - works fine now - Appreciate your help - Stay in touch - cthiggin
Thanks again - works fine now - Appreciate your help - Stay in touch - cthiggin
BTW - Isn't REX something, even without the SP1 that's coming - I talked with Tim Fuchs mid 2007 just when they were starting up REX - super talented guy - with GEXn, UTX, and REX, the simming experience is just phenomenal. cthiggin

It sure is! I particularly like the weather engine. It's accurate down to the dew point and humidity. The cloud and water textures also blow me away. The next project for me is GEX and/or UTX!BTW, do you know what REX SP1 will change/improve?

Regards,

BoeingGuy

customer.jpg

Thanks folks for asking the question and answering! I never knew we could do that! Howard

It sure is! I particularly like the weather engine. It's accurate down to the dew point and humidity. The cloud and water textures also blow me away. The next project for me is GEX and/or UTX!BTW, do you know what REX SP1 will change/improve?
From the REX Forum - Weather Engine will be more stable and reliable - ( a lot of folks are having problems) AND Flight Planner will be somewhat revamped and easier to use. Sun.cfg will somehow bemodified to reduce the "brightness" or I guess "bloom" effect.IF you don't have GEXn yet, go to the forum http://gex.flight1.net/Index.htm - it's just fabulous - there's one fellow on there who is working with GEXn and GEX Europe - he's the brightest simmer I have ever encountered - talk about "knowing his stuff" - plus he's kind enough to answer the most simple questions with answers that "explain why". IF you don't buy GEXn, and you want to increase your knowledge in pc's and fsx, go to the forum each day. GREAT STUFF. Thanks again. cthiggin
From the REX Forum - Weather Engine will be more stable and reliable - ( a lot of folks are having problems) AND Flight Planner will be somewhat revamped and easier to use. Sun.cfg will somehow bemodified to reduce the "brightness" or I guess "bloom" effect.IF you don't have GEXn yet, go to the forum http://gex.flight1.net/Index.htm - it's just fabulous - there's one fellow on there who is working with GEXn and GEX Europe - he's the brightest simmer I have ever encountered - talk about "knowing his stuff" - plus he's kind enough to answer the most simple questions with answers that "explain why". IF you don't buy GEXn, and you want to increase your knowledge in pc's and fsx, go to the forum each day. GREAT STUFF. Thanks again. cthiggin
DUH - the guys name is NickN (Nick Needham) - just out of this world with info to help us.