Sign in to follow this  

I have a GTX 260 overclocked edition GPU and it has a SPDIF Header connection on it, and it is located next to the power connectors. My question is two fold. 1) what exactly is it and 2) Do I need to connect it? The instructions that came with it says nothing about it.Thanks, Jim

Jim Wenham

So that's what that is. I installed mine without it. Seems to work fine. Maybe someone will come along to tell us about it.Bob

Bob

i5, 16 GB ram, GTX 960, FS on SSD, Windows 10 64 bit, home built works anyway.

Did a little searching on the wonderful world wide web and it looks it has something to do with audio if using a HDMI setup. I'm sure if it was important they would have actually said how to connect it or use it thus one would only know what in the @#$ it was only if they actually needed it.

Jim Wenham

The SPDIF connector is to get sound (from your sound card etc) through to your HDMI output as HDMI carries sound along with video.No need to connect it unless you need sound through HDMI which is only really useful in home theatre applications where your HDMI may be going to an av amp.Konrad

Konrad