Sign in to follow this  
brucek

Questions Regarding Native Atc In Fsx

I was flying the default C172 on a short instrument flight today. I have the ATC window command mapped to a GoFlight module button. All went well for a while, then I noted that although I could bring up the ATC window, no responses to choose from were available, and when attempting to respond to the controller, pressing the "1" key did nothing. This remained for the duration of the flight. Has anyone seen this and can offer a cause and a solution?I am also wondering, for those who also use the TrackIR (and don't like to look away at the keyboard), how do you map the usual available responses to ATC? (the number keys 1 through 4 or 5 usually covers most ATC situations I think). I have a CH yoke, and a GoFlight GF166A radio module that offers several additional keys to map to, but I would have trouble finding additional buttons to map to other than the "1" key that is mapped to a CH button.Thanks, Bruce.

Ususal solution is to switch the com1 freq so standby freq and bak, that usually fixes it, dont know why though.

Bruce,I have the CH yoke, also. Using the CH control manager you can make each button and switch do double duty. I've made the left trigger button (button 1) the shift button. Pressing it gives each of the other buttons double meaning. I have the right trigger button mapped to ATC and the right trigger button shifted programmed to send a "1" since that's the most often used ATC response. For the other responses, I use the mouse. This gives so many commands I barely need the keyboard at all. I've found the ATC responses will go away if I receive an ATC message but do something with the go flight module before answering ATC. I think that takes focus away from the ATC window so your responses are not into an active window. Closing the window and reopening it seems to bring the focus back to ATC.

AMD 3800X, Gigabyte Radeon 5700XT, AS Rock X570 Phantom Gaming 4, 32mb 3600 ram

Bruce,I have the CH yoke, also. Using the CH control manager you can make each button and switch do double duty. I've made the left trigger button (button 1) the shift button. Pressing it gives each of the other buttons double meaning. I have the right trigger button mapped to ATC and the right trigger button shifted programmed to send a "1" since that's the most often used ATC response. For the other responses, I use the mouse. This gives so many commands I barely need the keyboard at all. I've found the ATC responses will go away if I receive an ATC message but do something with the go flight module before answering ATC. I think that takes focus away from the ATC window so your responses are not into an active window. Closing the window and reopening it seems to bring the focus back to ATC.
Thanks guys- I will try the switching back and forth of Com1 and see if that makes a difference. I also like the idea of adding a "Shift" to the CH yoke buttons, I use FSUIPC for button assignments and am wondering if I can do that too- I will check it out.Thanks, Bruce.