Sign in to follow this  
Guest Dr_Eggel

Weird Graphics Related Problem With Asa And Fs2004

Guest Dr_Eggel

Hi, I just purchased Active Sky Advance (upgrading from AS6.5) and have a pretty strange problem. At least I think so. I have never had it before and it only occurs when running FS2004 (with FSUICP 3.85) and ASA. I sometimes want to check that the weather data is loaded correctly when I go from one location to another using the "Go to Airport" menu. But when I Alt+Tab from FS2004 to ASA this happens:

• [*]The ASA user interface isn't loaded completely. Many of the buttons and graphics don't show. This happens both when ASA is minimized or in the system tray.[*]After a while the computer goes to some kind of horrendous VGA mode. I haven't been able to get a screen shot but it looks like 640x480 pixels in 16 colors

Hi, I just purchased Active Sky Advance (upgrading from AS6.5) and have a pretty strange problem. At least I think so. I have never had it before and it only occurs when running FS2004 (with FSUICP 3.85) and ASA. I sometimes want to check that the weather data is loaded correctly when I go from one location to another using the "Go to Airport" menu. But when I Alt+Tab from FS2004 to ASA this happens:
  • [*]The ASA user interface isn't loaded completely. Many of the buttons and graphics don't show. This happens both when ASA is minimized or in the system tray.[*]After a while the computer goes to some kind of horrendous VGA mode. I haven't been able to get a screen shot but it looks like 640x480 pixels in 16 colors

- Chris

Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX | Intel Core i9 13900KF | Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 24 GB | 64GB DDR5 SDRAM | Corsair H100i Elite 240mm Liquid Cooling | 1TB & 2TB Samsung Gen 4 SSD  | 1000 Watt Gold PSU |  Windows 11 Pro | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Thrustmaster TCA Captain X Airbus | Asus ROG 38" 4k IPS Monitor (PG38UQ)

Asus Maximus VII Hero motherboard | Intel i7 4790k CPU | MSI GTX 970 4 GB video card | Corsair DDR3 2133 32GB SDRAM | Corsair H50 water cooler | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SSD (2) | EVGA 1000 watt PSU - Retired

Guest Dr_Eggel
Nv4_disp.dll is associated with Nvidia graphics drivers, so maybe you should try an updated driver or recheck all your settings with your graphics. I'd boot into safe mode and use Driver Cleaner Pro to remove all Nvidia drivers, then reboot into normal mode and load a newer driver. Of course it could be something else, but you could at least try that. I haven't had any errors using Alt-Tab to see ASA from FS9 (MSFS 2004). My drivers were the newest as of a few days ago.
Chris,Thanks for your reply. I did try re-installing the drivers but that didn't do anything.I will now spend some time trying to Alt+Tab from different views (VC, spot, tower, ASA minimized, in the system tray etc.) and see if I can draw any conclusions from that. And to be honest, I'm not sure if the upgrade from AS6.5 to ASA was really that necessary