Sign in to follow this  
Guest harleyman52

As6.5 And Gepro

Guest harleyman52

I know this is old for most users.But having just returned to FS9 its new for me...It seems that if I fly real time weather GEPro will launch AS6.5 and display the weather...BUTIf I want to select my own weather from a fetched file,it opens AS6 but never displays the weather condition.. Any thoughts.... So it appears that I getting half use from this product,and am not quite sure what its actually doing for me ... Is there any archived help tips and set up tips for this I can read through?

Hi,Load the weather file in AS, have auto-run GEP on new flightplan checked on, load and process your plan. GEP will auto run and the matching condition ground textures will be loaded into FS.Thanks,

Guest harleyman52

You make it seem so easy JSkorna...Thank you for that....

Guest harleyman52
Hi,Load the weather file in AS, have auto-run GEP on new flightplan checked on, load and process your plan. GEP will auto run and the matching condition ground textures will be loaded into FS.Thanks,
Hi Jim ..I just did that as you said.......AS6 was not shown on the sim...Nothing.....I think GEP may have been showing,as the sky colors looked like they were,but my saved weather file had lots of clouds,and none were displayed...I did just as you said in the AS6 interface....Then launched FS9 as always and nothing....1) Should I launch from FS9 exe? Or from GEP interface?2) Do I have to load a Flight Plan from AS6? Can I not just enter my theme and go fly?Thank you.....

Hi,1. Start AS and have it download your weather or load a weather file.2. Load a flightplan or at minimum, enter the departing and destination airports, altitude and flight level. Those values are not critical at this time.3. GEP auto starts and asks 3 questions. Your answers are Yes, No, Yes. At that point FS starts and you fly.GEP is ground textures only so your sky is not an indication of anything.AS6 never shows in the sim, it runs outside.If you didn't load your saved weather file into AS then AS is using current weather. I don't know how you have your AS set up so I can't be sure here.Keep asking your questions!!

Guest harleyman52

Thanks...I do all that except let GEP load a previous flight plan...And GEP does load sky textures too as far as I can tell...Sure looks that way...Just no SA6 weather showing at all...its not running as the green metar never runs unless I have online checked......

Thanks...I do all that except let GEP load a previous flight plan...And GEP does load sky textures too as far as I can tell...Sure looks that way...Just no SA6 weather showing at all...its not running as the green metar never runs unless I have online checked......

Hi,OK, let's take a step back.Is ASv6.5 working correctly with your FS04?And you are right, GEP does have sky textures that I forgot about.Thanks,