Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DMullert

Autopilot Problems - Help Please!

Hello Gang!I just recently purchased the Captaion Sim 757 package. It appears to be a rather nice package, but I am experiencing a pretty BIG problem with the Autopilot system. The A/P does not respond to heading changes. The A/P simply does nto follow the heading selected. So far, it appears to hold altitude appropriately, A/T works as expected, and everything else works related to the A/P system works well, except heading, basically rendering the A/P system useless. I have followed all procedures from aligning the IRS to making sure the startup checklist is followed appropriately and I cannot figure out the issue. I have even gone as far as assigning another panel to the aircraft, in which case the A/P works fine, but there is other loss of functionality, forcing me to resort back to the original CaptainSim panel.Another thing - the weather radar does not work - it turns on and shows a bunch of color squares but does nothing else - is it supposed to be a dummy??? Has anyone run into this problem? Any ideas how to get around this?Thanks for your help!Dennis

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hello Gang!I just recently purchased the Captaion Sim 757 package. It appears to be a rather nice package, but I am experiencing a pretty BIG problem with the Autopilot system. The A/P does not respond to heading changes. The A/P simply does nto follow the heading selected. So far, it appears to hold altitude appropriately, A/T works as expected, and everything else works related to the A/P system works well, except heading, basically rendering the A/P system useless. I have followed all procedures from aligning the IRS to making sure the startup checklist is followed appropriately and I cannot figure out the issue. I have even gone as far as assigning another panel to the aircraft, in which case the A/P works fine, but there is other loss of functionality, forcing me to resort back to the original CaptainSim panel.Another thing - the weather radar does not work - it turns on and shows a bunch of color squares but does nothing else - is it supposed to be a dummy??? Has anyone run into this problem? Any ideas how to get around this?Thanks for your help!Dennis
Hi Dennis,For the Heading Select funtion to be active, you have to right click on the Heading Select button.The Radar takes a few minutes to initialize, then the colors go away and it will show weather.Hope this helps.Fred Bray

Hi Dennis,For the Heading Select funtion to be active, you have to right click on the Heading Select button.The Radar takes a few minutes to initialize, then the colors go away and it will show weather.Hope this helps.Fred Bray
Dennis et al,Not initialising - running thro' a test programme depending on what you have set on the control panel.John R