Sign in to follow this  
Guest oxnard

Runway Signs

Guest oxnard

Good Afternoon,I'm a new member on this forum, so excuse me if I don't proceed as usual. I'm a user from FS 2004 since 4 years ago and, since 1 year I try to develop the Default Sceneries in order to improve the Simulation.In this goal, I have modified many Afcad Files with BGL COMP. I've include in this AFCAD most of Informations find in the D

Good Afternoon,I'm a new member on this forum, so excuse me if I don't proceed as usual. I'm a user from FS 2004 since 4 years ago and, since 1 year I try to develop the Default Sceneries in order to improve the Simulation.In this goal, I have modified many Afcad Files with BGL COMP. I've include in this AFCAD most of Informations find in the D

Guest oxnard
First of all let me be the first to Welcome you to the forums! :( I am a little confused though as I don't believe I have ever heard of anyone attempting to directly alter the default AP files - as each one contains data for multiple airports.Most of us use one of the free Afcad editing programs such as AFCAD by Lee Swordy. This excellent program will do almost anything you wish - and when you are finished editing you save the results as a new "stand alone" afcad. FS will use it instead of the data found in the AP file.If you are not familiar with that program you can get it here:http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?CatID...&DLID=46238It includes a comprehensive help file which will show you how to do everything.Hope that helps. :(

Guest oxnard
First of all let me be the first to Welcome you to the forums! :( I am a little confused though as I don't believe I have ever heard of anyone attempting to directly alter the default AP files - as each one contains data for multiple airports.Most of us use one of the free Afcad editing programs such as AFCAD by Lee Swordy. This excellent program will do almost anything you wish - and when you are finished editing you save the results as a new "stand alone" afcad. FS will use it instead of the data found in the AP file.If you are not familiar with that program you can get it here:http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?CatID...&DLID=46238It includes a comprehensive help file which will show you how to do everything.Hope that helps. :(
Thank You David for your Welcome and your Answer.I'm going to try it.Oxnard :(

Taxisigns, when compiled by bglcomp, are set up as scenery objects within the resulting bgl files. AFCAD is unable to read or do anything with scenery objects. You need the ability to read the objects, exclude the default ones, and place new ones. SceneGenX build 61 can do this.scott s..

Welcome to the forums.I am a designer with much of my work featured here at Avsim. I have found that the best way to add or modify taxiway signs is to use a program called AFX by Flight1 Sorftware. It does everything AFCAD2 does plus you can make and move taxiway signs and exclude rectangles. It is a payware program ($30ish), but it is worth every penny.Visit My Website