Sign in to follow this  
markoil

"full Screen" View Problem With Rc Version 4.3.3845 In Fs 2004

Hello all,Have just purchased and installed.Am experiencing following problem:After having loaded and started RC, I want to switch FS 2004 from "Window" view (necessary to bring up RC from the Taskbar when FS 2004 is running), to "Full Screen" view. Then FS 2004 "freezes" and I have to restart FS 2004 all over. It won't maximize to "Full Screen" view when RC is running.Without RC running I have no problem to switch back and forth between "Window" view and "Full Screen" view. Also, after having completed a flight with RC (in "Window" view necessarily), and with RC having itself switched off, I have no problem to switch to "Full Screen" view. Is's a real problem since I am always flying in "Full Screen" view. :( I have followed the procedures to load and start RC as found in the manual and in this forum.Is there anybody who can help; would really appreciate it! :( Thanks a lot for reacting on this post.Markoil

First make sure you have the latest FSUIPC indicated in the thread at the top of the forum. FSUIPC provides its own window and you should not be running advdisp.dll in the modules folder.As a work around you can run FS in full screen mode and use the alt-tab key to switch between FS and a loaded folder you create (I have one for all FS related things) that contains shortcuts to RC, FS, and your other FS add-on applications. Don't minimize this folder. You would then start RC from this folder and alt-tab back to FS.You can also switch between the running FS and RC with alt-tab to bring up any error message that might be hidden by full screen FS.I use Win XP and alt-tab is the default hot key for switching among open folders and applications.

Guest Red Baron
First make sure you have the latest FSUIPC indicated in the thread at the top of the forum. FSUIPC provides its own window and you should not be running advdisp.dll in the modules folder.As a work around you can run FS in full screen mode and use the alt-tab key to switch between FS and a loaded folder you create (I have one for all FS related things) that contains shortcuts to RC, FS, and your other FS add-on applications. Don't minimize this folder. You would then start RC from this folder and alt-tab back to FS.You can also switch between the running FS and RC with alt-tab to bring up any error message that might be hidden by full screen FS.I use Win XP and alt-tab is the default hot key for switching among open folders and applications.

Guest Red Baron

Hi Ronzie,Thanks so much for your fast reply to my post.I already had FSUIPC version 3.85 installed, which is (I believe) the most recent version for FS 2004.So I tried your work around suggestion, and it worked splendidly!Thanks again for your support and help.Markoil