Sign in to follow this  
TJC

Download Link Availability.

Hi all hope 2009 is going well for you all.Unfortunately it's not too good for me as my computer decided it has had enough and is now gathering dust in the corner.With the expected release of the MD-11 for FS9 could someone on the PMDG team please explain how the download links will be worked.Will there be a time limit placed on them and will I be able to reactivate mine at a later date?I'm currently in the process of ordering a new system but it wont be built and delivered for 2-3 weeks at best.Thank you for any reply to this and continued success for the future.Regards.Tom Cunningham.

If you wanted to take the time to order parts and build a rig yourself you could be back up and running in a 2-3 days and save at least a grand. It may seem daunting, but really all the pieces snap together nicely and they illustrate everything that is needed. If you want advice on where to order parts from, which parts to get, or just general questions answered there are more than a few of us around here who are willing to help.Once you build your first system you will simply laugh at the premium that others pay for pre-built (especially high end) computers.

2nd that.I built my computer for my first time.Very easy to do.Just takes a little time once you have all parts in front of you.

Guest keiron

Before anybody else jumps in on "changing the lightbulb" I know Tom (TJC), (hey there Tom, sorry to hear about your machine mate! :( ) he's not stupid, he knows his options and he doesn't have the time to be building machines, I think he would rather just have his question answered.

Tom - there's a couple solutions for this:1. Download the installer on another computer and just have it on a CD or external HD, transfer it over the network, or something similar for when you get your new computer.2. We will give a reasonable grace period to people who've ordered the combo version - just email support with your order information, explain the situation and we'll reactive the download link.I would suggest the first option if at all possible though, it will reduce support load on us. (which we expect to be much higher than after the FSX release just based on the numbers, more people will be buying for FS9)

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Option 1 is exactly what I'll do so Ryan. Many thanks for your quick reply.I've built 3 previous computers from ordered components and got my brother who's job is doing exactly that.First 2 went perfect but the last one caused so much hassle I swore I'd never go through the sane thing again.Basically after 7 weeks of trying to get it to work, it eventually took legal action to sort it out.You see now why I want a pre built and tested rig delivered ready to start up as soon as it's plugged into the wall.Thanks for the replies everyone and, Kerion I'm doing fine apart from the computer.I'll call over to the site as soon as I can.Regards.Tom Cunningham.

Guest keiron
I'll call over to the site as soon as I can.Regards.Tom Cunningham.
Heh we wont be going nowhere, we'll be here when you get back. I'll be launching it on to the new domain this week though ready for the flightsim community. But all the current members will get an email or a buzz on IM with the new URL details. Good luck with the new build+buy :(