Sign in to follow this  
Guest abulaafia

Snapshot System - Serious Dismay

Guest abulaafia

Just thought I'd rant a bit about my serious disappointment with ASA. It seems to depict weather a bit more realistic than ASX, but the snapshot system IMHO is utter b0ll0cks. It may be nice for the REX/FEX fans who prefer oil paintings instead of realistic skies. I am using ASG because its great, I think it looks better, and I loved the "submit Wx influenced textures" option. I disabled some textures I didn't like (asphalts, strange sun config etc.) But now with ASA what do I get? Masses of data of preselected textures in folders which take up hard disk space. I went through some of the texture folders of the auto generated snapshots -- most in each category are the same, with minor Cirrus variations. Yes I can configure 100 snapshots the way I want and create and name them manually. But I DONT WANT to spend hours manually selecting textures - most users don't. I want the weather JUST TO BE THERE, not take up hours to configure!!! ASX/ASG was a one button solution, and it worked. Why did you take that away?? Couldn't you have at least left the Auto submit feature for ASG users? Now I am 30 bucks poorer and unhappy. Look what you have done! And at Christmas at that! Oh wait, I can just delete ASA and go back to ASX. Can I get my money back? :(

Hi,Are you aware that you can auto generate those snapshots using ASG? Each takes less than a minute and then ASA will chose the proper snapshot to submit.This is doing the same thing ASv6.5 and ASG was doing but instead of having the textures in ASG you have them in the ASA snapshots.As I stated a few weeks ago, we are not going to move back to a ASA-ASG direct run.