Sign in to follow this  
JSACKS

737ng: Where Is "heading Hold" Mode?

I am re-visiting the NG for the first time in ages and getting refamiliarized with the MCP. I see HDG SEL and that works fine. But I don't think I see HDG HOLD anywhere. Is there a HDG HOLD function in the NG? Suppose I want to roll wings level in the middle of a turn: what do I hit on the MCP to do that? Thanks!Jonathan

For my little knowledge, no there isn't heading hold mode in the 737NGbut there might be another alternate function I don't know about can do the same. Looong time away from the 737 :( I missed it :( Emad

Hi,Seeing this topic I just went over to a.net to look at a few cockpit photos. I am not sure if this exists in the real aircraft. You could use the CWS R mode if you want to level your wings in the middle of a turn. :( Regards

Hi,Seeing this topic I just went over to a.net to look at a few cockpit photos. I am not sure if this exists in the real aircraft. You could use the CWS R mode if you want to level your wings in the middle of a turn. :( Regards
Hmm, you mean intervene manually during the turn so that CMD goes over to CWS R (or some such thing)?Thanks.Jonathan

Hmm, you mean intervene manually during the turn so that CMD goes over to CWS R (or some such thing)?Thanks.Jonathan
Yes Jonathan, I know it's not realistic unless it's an emergency but I couldn't think of anything else :( EDIT: As soon as you're done with CWS R you can go back to CMD easily by pressing HDG.

Yes Jonathan, I know it's not realistic unless it's an emergency but I couldn't think of anything else :( EDIT: As soon as you're done with CWS R you can go back to CMD easily by pressing HDG.
Well, yeah, an emergency is fine. Why not? I mean it's a sim! I was just looking for a way to roll out on existing heading during a turn. I am very accustomed to fixes and working on-the-fly (excuse the pun!) in aircraft in FS2004 by now. Thanks for posting.Jonathan

Well, yeah, an emergency is fine. Why not? I mean it's a sim! I was just looking for a way to roll out on existing heading during a turn. I am very accustomed to fixes and working on-the-fly (excuse the pun!) in aircraft in FS2004 by now. Thanks for posting.Jonathan
No there is no function like that. You would normally turn the heading bug to about 5 degrees next to the existing heading and it will roll out just fine.Tom