Sign in to follow this  
John_Cillis

a patch for FS2002?

Guest michaelm

Hi there guys from Italy. I haven't been in contact with this forum or others for quite a while but as I remember whne FS2002 came out a patch was released to correct some stuttering caused by the panel Directional Gyro movement. Is it true or am I wrong with it?In case this patch exist can you tell me were to find it?I have installed FS2002 in winxp and so far is working good but the better I can get the happier I am.I really thank you a lot for your timeMichael, Italy

Guest michaelm

Thanks John for your help, I might have missed something n my memory.RegardsMichael

Guest Tim13

The patch that you're thinking of was for FS2000.Tim13

Guest michaelm

That's the thing I was missing....Thanks guysMichael

I thought there was a patch coming out in Summer costing about

In regards to your question, I see many have answered it...Just to add, most of the issues I found with FS2002 were scenery related. Since its release, a number of solutions have come forth which in my opinion make for a "patched" sim....1) There were two "scenery object not found" issues in the default scenery--one outside of NYC and one outside of Stonehenge. A fix for this is available on the tips page at FSGateway.com (I authored the NYC fix)...2) PEI was missing in the default 2k2... There is a small series of files which repair the issue. I had a chance to really enjoy this during a Vienna-JFK 2k2 flight last week, which took me right over the "restored" PEI.... In my real life transatlantic hops, PEI was always a signal that I was close to home...3) Minor issues, such as missing cities or urban areas in Europe that are a bit too small, can be quickly fixed with my own program, Landclass Assistant. Some have used this, or other landclass tools, to greatly improve the 2k2 default scenery.4) Issues noted with certain default ircraft, and with the following of the A/P apr mode, can be easily fixed by a change in approach procedures, or with downloading of any of the tweaked FDE's out there. Autoland ability is available using certain gauges, or another tool I authored called Autoland 2002....5) I haven't tested this, but there are utilities out there which replace FS2002's multiplayer mode with their own functionality. FS2002's default multiplayer is really the only thing that I felt was non-functional due to bugs. I could join sessions, but aircraft flying within would always land below the runway surface. It really slid downhill after FS98, but I hope FS2004 improves it. The tools out there may have already improved it....6) Texture sharpness issues have a number of tweaks, and other suggestions depending on your video card. I find my texture rendering is better than any sim which preceded 2k2... One well-kept secret: Low poly aircraft, like the AI aircraft released, tend to allow for very clear texture rendering in 2k2.... On the commercial side, Ariane's 737 (have to say something good about them) always allows for very sharp textures when I fly it. It is a very sim friendly aircraft...7) Sim stability issues surfaced for some. I had them, until I found that certain 3rd party gauges seemed to cause them. Over the past month, I've logged more than 80 hours on the sim with one lockup--which was my fault, as I zapped my system resources working on paints for my Microlight release. I'd paint, reload the aircraft, paint, reload the aircraft. Caused a FS freeze--considering I did about 2-3 dozen reloads, I think you could pin that on operator error :)Prior to that, I think I ran 2-3 months with no stability issues, and my memory grows a bit fuzzy if I think further back...